hf1

One size ME, what size wrap?!

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

One size ME, what size wrap?!

Postby frankie_n_baby » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi all, you'll get bored of these questions soon :lol: I am looking at the motherease one size nappies but am not sure what size of wrapper to get to go with them. I am assuming that this will change according to how big the baby is, and as it grows I'll need bigger wraps? This may sound rather dumb, but any help would be great! Also, these are btp, right?!

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: One size ME, what size wrap?!

Postby JanX » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:06 pm

I personally found that none of the wraps fited well over the onesize motherease nappies, and certainly found that te nappies were outgrown well before potty training and were far too big on tiny babies!

(sorry, not a fan of these onesize nappies at all, I never could get a good fit on them and found them to be pretty useless on containment and absorbancy)

Motherease sandys nappies however will always have a special place in my heart :mrgreen: (the xs were the first nappies I used on the girls and they are just lovely simple nappies :wink: )

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Yes the wrap size is in relation to the size of baby, not the nappy. There is no way XS would fit over a MEOS, but I think smalls used to, medium and large fit fine.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Thank you both :) The threads are sooo helpful, too. I am not sure about MEOS but am looking at others, too.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

Motherease onesize were the first nappies I bought and used them successfully on Charlotte from 5 days old to when she potty trained. I know some people like Jan don't get on with them but I never had a complaint and could have got away with just using these......if I hadn't been wooed by cuter nappies :wink:

We started with small ME Rikki wraps (Charlotte was 7lbs 4oz so pretty average) and moved through medium to large which she was wearing when she pt'd at 2.

I liked them but now find I like using pockets on Ben so have sold them on

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:22 pm

It is interesting how different people and babies get on with the same nappies.

I still love and use MEOS. They are used in a large rotation with other stuff but I've always found them very reliable and hard wearing. I've never had a problem with the fit but then I have big newborns that end up as skinny toddlers so that might be why! :hohoho:

They did fit under small wraps but not for long, then mediums and larges from about 1 year. I like Airflow wraps better than rikkis but again that is a personal preference.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:51 pm

I used small airflow wraps from a few weeks old and then medium and large when they grew.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:33 pm

Ok, thanks. It's good to know other people's experiences/opinions on the same item.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat