hf1

Tell me about weaning poo *inserts grim face here*

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Tell me about weaning poo *inserts grim face here*

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:27 pm

One solution is to have a spare bucket in the bath - spray off the nappy and tip the contents down the loo. Bit of a faff but it works

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:29 pm

I was doing similar annette, When Molly had some squishy Poo's (rinsing in sink next to toilet). DH went mad about tyhe fact we have to wash in there etc... :evil:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:46 pm

charlibunny wrote:Thanks for the advice, you must all have well trained pooing babies :hohoho:
My kids have always had the more squishy type like annette says :roll:
I dont feed jarred food, its a bit ugh in my opinion(ive tried it :lol: )!
I would love to try this baby lead weaning... What is it?

It's great and soo much easier. Basically you just give your child pieces of the food as you would eat it and let them feed themselves as much as they want.

As for the sticky poo, my shower doesnt reach my loo, i wonder if a jug on a fleece liner might work? hmmmmmmmm.......

How about using a spare bucket ans showering off the nappy into the bucket then tipping the contents down the toilet?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Mummyof3 wrote:
How about using a spare bucket ans showering off the nappy into the bucket then tipping the contents down the toilet?

That's what I meant :wink:

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Ah hah!! What a Good Idea!!!!!With cold water i take it?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Yeah, don't try it with hot water - Mark handed me the spray once on hot and the smell is maginified!!! A nice strong cold spray works wonders

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:38 pm

charlibunny wrote:As for the sticky poo, my shower doesnt reach my loo, i wonder if a jug on a fleece liner might work? hmmmmmmmm.......

Just another thought..We are lucky enough to have two toilets, and the downstairs one has a sink right next to it, so we are going to get one of those hose/shower head things (like people had to wash hair before showers), and use that from the tap to spray down the loo. Or I have heard that you can get a similar thing to connect to the loo itself, and it does the same thing, I think.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:58 pm

We have a "poo-scraping knife" :lol: - scrape it all off either into the toilet or a wodge of TP, then rinse in cold water. But I'm a little obsessive about not getting stains, and I don't like the idea of poo in my washing machine (particularly having seen the state of the filter and the trap in the front after some non-rinsing friends washed a load of nappies in it :shock: ewie ewie ew)...

DD was EBF until about 6 1/2 months and when she started on occasional solids (fruit and potato-based homemade purees mostly) she went through a lovely stage of solid poos (ah, constipation). Nappy changing had never been so easy. Sadly, it didn't last!! I wouldn't worry about staining though, IMO nothing's as bad as breast milk on that front!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat