hf1

Wraps for newborns, and baby boy advice?

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Wraps for newborns, and baby boy advice?

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:34 am

Thanks, Joanne! I will mainly be using little lambs cotton (and 2 bamboo) and bamboo and cotton terries. I also have some btp, and was considering meos. I am under 5ft, and am hoping that the docs are all wrong in worrying about me having a big baby :hohoho: :hohoho: ! I don't think it'll be a 9lb-er, but you never know! :shock: Am hoping he will be more like 7-8lb. :|

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:03 am

Have you had your growth chart though yet that estimates the weight of your baby? I got mine a few weeks after my 20wk scan...
Or is that just a Manchester thing?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:11 am

Here they give you the growth chart at the same time as the 20 week scan! Though I don't trust em, they said Summer was going to be nearly 10lb, and she was only 7lb8

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Have you had your growth chart though yet that estimates the weight of your baby? I got mine a few weeks after my 20wk scan...
Or is that just a Manchester thing?

We didn't get anything like that either. Must be by borough.

My avatar
frankie_n_baby
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby frankie_n_baby » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi Steph, yes I did get that, but am struggling to even get an appointment with my mw for the 25 week appointment. Appointments are only on Thursdays at the main GP surgery from 1:30pm and I can only do after 3pm as Robin has the car and can't get back from giving lectures til then. I phoned today, but now will have to phone next Thursday to see if anyone has booked the 2:45pm slot on the 12th Feb so I can have the 3pm slot, or later (there can't be any gaps). I guess she will see the fundal growth chart and do it then. I've not seen her since the 18th October. Feeling utterly cheesed off with her today, after doing a u-turn on my home birth. I just hope I don't get her on the day- she's let us down too many times.

flutterby wrote:Here they give you the growth chart at the same time as the 20 week scan! Though I don't trust em, they said Summer was going to be nearly 10lb, and she was only 7lb8

I got mine at the 20 week scan, too, Hanna, and I don't trust them either. Sadly as I'm short they'll be reading even more into it. I want them all to s*d off, lol! :twisted:

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat