hf1

Does anyone use ecoballs to wash nappies?

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Does anyone use ecoballs to wash nappies?

Postby Little Pants » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:00 pm

Comments please!
Have heard nothing but favorable reports so far but would like a wider set of opinions, as I'm sceptical!

Do your nappies still get smelly?
Do the ecoballs remove stains as well as detergent does? Are your nappies softer than with normal detergent?

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Does anyone use ecoballs to wash nappies?

Postby Rae » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:52 pm

I can't imagine they would be any good for getting the stains and nasties out of nappies.

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 pm

I use soap nuts which is kind of the same concept. I love using them! No they do not remove stains very well, but if you use liners this is not a problem anyway. I never have to worry about detergent residue, allergies to detergent, or not rinsing well enough.
I do a soak first in vinegar and then add water softener to the wash cycle (I have hard water).
If you can line in sun dry great! I can't line dry so I run the occasional 90 degree wash.
I never have problems with smelly nappies but if you are worried just give your nappies a good smell as they are coming out of the wash, to find out if the eco balls worked.
Oh and I believe the occasional bio wash is recommended no matter what non-bio alternative you use to wash (incl nonbio detergent)
Let us know how you get on!

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 pm

I've used them, I personally don't think they had any more effect than just washing in water.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat