hf1

replacing elastic in weenotions

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

replacing elastic in weenotions

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 pm

one of my favourite weenotions nappies (OK, they're all my favourites... :D ) has no leg elastic anymore...it all seems to have cracked and broken. its not been used as much as id like so i want to replace the elastic, without ruining the lovely nappy!

would i get away with using the normal elastic, or should i use Lastin (than WN sells)? would i be able to do it by hand as my sewing machine wont be up to it :roll: ?

ETA (thanks Hanna!) its a SS pocket nappy, not the new style!

Gayle xx
Last edited by gayleygoo on Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: replacing elastic in weenotions

Postby flutterby » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 pm

What is it???

I think Suzanne would do it for you, she did one of my night notions!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 pm

I've replaced the lastin on an old WNNN, but I don't have any SS ones to look at to see if they're different.

Can you 'see' the lastin or is it sewn over in a kind of pocket?

If it's like a NN, I just unpicked the old stuff and used my sewing machine to do a 'tricot' stitch along the same place with the lastin stretch to *almost* full stretch. I've also used normal elastic when sewing other nappies and it seemed to work fine too. I think it would be pretty difficult to do by hand tho :-? . Sorry, probably not what you wanted to read - maybe someone else will come up with something better.

Becky x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Have you emailed Suzanne I'm sure she'd sort it for you

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 am

How freaky, I pm'd Suzanne last night about exactly the same thing! There's no way I'd do it myself, sewing is not my forte. I hope that she can do it, then I can keep the nappy instead of trying to sell it to get some of my money back.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:43 am

I'm sure she will (though it might be tricky with the flood of new orders that's about to come in :giggle:) - she was going to do this for me on a nappy I got FFP but I think it turned out to be too far gone (holes etc.). Great customer service!

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 pm

I hope mine can be repaired, it's a lovely nappy but I was soooo fleeced, elastic completely shot (can't remember what it was like when I got it but it was only 6 weeks ago, I didn't have anything to compare it to then) and didn't get the snap in part of the tri-fold either, shocking.

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 pm

Definitely ask Suzanne about it, she seems to be a very nice lady. :wink:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat