hf1

what nappy is good for a tall skinny LO?

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

what nappy is good for a tall skinny LO?

Postby clumsymumsy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi everyone
I'm new here and I have a question for all you cloth nappy experts.
I have only used 2 types of cloth nappies so far, prefolds and one-size fitteds from popolini (from the budget line). I use Nature Babies covers size M.
My LO is 14 months and lately everything just seems too low in the rise. Even the one-size. But everything is still fitting around the waist. The prefolds, which I used to absolutely love, are now bunching up between her legs since she has started walking. All DD's cloth just seem uncomfortable.
So here's my question for all of you who have tall, slim toddlers: Is there a fitted nappy that will have enough length in the rise, but not be gappy around the legs? Even more important, is there such a nappy in a nice, soft material? (not terry please, I know lots of people use it but I just can't stand the texture, it leaves red patches on DD's bum)

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: what nappy is good for a tall skinny LO?

Postby ruby » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:32 pm

My ds is also tall and skinny and I found Ellas house hemp nappies have a good rise. Also Swaddlebees organic velour onesize and Lovebums fitteds, and Thirsties fitteds. These are the ones that are working for us at the moment!

Ruth

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 am

Hmmm, how about weenotions northern lights, I would think a large would probably fit, as they are ok on the waist on my DD the rise is just too high, the inner is bamboo terry which I know you said not terry, but bamboo is soo soft, or if not how about the night notions, with less stuffing they would be good for days, and are can be lined in fleece, cotton velour or bamboo terry!

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:05 pm

The Babeco bamboo velour ones are VERY long in the rise, and lovely soft fabric too. Fabulous napy, but sadly Babeco has just gone under, so there may not be many around now, but PM me, if you want some, or want to try one.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Babeco haven't gone under, they are now oh poo I forgot

eco earth, http://www.ecoearthnappies.com/

they aren't selling shaped nappies any more though I Don't think!

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanks, I think I will start by trying the Ella's house!

My avatar
clumsymumsy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby clumsymumsy » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 pm

OK so I've ordered an ella's house with fleece (maybe for night, I can't decide yet), a Popolini one-size, and something that's been discontinued but I can't remember what. The lady at twinkleontheweb suggested the second 2 based on the fact that I tumble dried my terry fitteds to smithereens and had asked for something soft but long-lasting. She also sold me a whisper wrap.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat