hf1

Nappy changes

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappy changes

Postby rhead » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:02 pm

Update: Irritatingly, Lili is generally good as gold for DH on the somewhat rare occasions that he changes her (consequently, he's started dealing with post-bath nappy and PJs). I thought maybe it was just the novelty factor, but after observing the other night I decided to try his tactic of telling her not to move ("Lili bouge pas!"). It, um, seems to work. :roll:

Lili's quite a bit older than Iris so that probably won't work for you, but I thought it was quite a breakthrough! She's not talking yet (apart from "uh-oh" and "pa-pa" - I am obviously too important to have a name 8)), but she definitely understands things like "Lili get in her chair" when it's time to eat, and "shoes" or "go outside/in the car"). It's all very cute!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:26 pm

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: Yay for finding something that works. Even if it is the blindingly obvious. :wink: :giggle:

My avatar
lollipoplizzie
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby lollipoplizzie » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:20 pm

My DD is starting to get tedious at nappy changes and she's not quite 6 months yet. She just wants to roll off every time I try and put a nappy on. I find that I get quieter and quieter as she gets more and more active so we start off all chatty and end up in deathly silence!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Despite being able to crawl Finn can't roll :-? , so not a problem for me yet. Yay! I remember when Connor was doing it though and it really is a pain. A friend with an older child told me at the time that he would become compliant again which I found very difficult to believe, but he did get easier again. Hope you find something that helps and aren't struggling for too much longer x

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Amanda wrote:Despite being able to crawl Finn can't roll :-? , so not a problem for me yet. Yay! I remember when Connor was doing it though and it really is a pain. A friend with an older child told me at the time that he would become compliant again which I found very difficult to believe, but he did get easier again. Hope you find something that helps and aren't struggling for too much longer x

That's relieving, I can't see Summer rolling soon, did you put him on his from alot for him to learn to crawl??

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat