hf1

Flushable liners?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Flushable liners?

Postby charlibunny » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:27 pm

I bought 2 packs of boots liners as people seem to like them, and i read DO NOT FLUSH on them! Whe only reason i wanted some flushable was so i could pick it up and drop it in the loo and flush.
Where can i get ones that i can actually flush but are quite soft too?
they seemed to make her bum sore even over fleece...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Flushable liners?

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04 pm

I have some I can send you. x

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:05 pm

I use the boots ones, and flush them... they also wash well and can be reused if only wet :wink:

jan x

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:18 pm

We had some PHP flushable ones, but in the small print it does say not suitable for all systems/pipes, or words to that effect. And sure enough, they aren't suitable for all systems/pipes, which we found out when our next door neighbour called someone out because the drain between our properties appeared to be blocked. It was blocked with liners and we were lucky not to have to pay for it all. But our neighbours had called him and had insurance so didn't pay any call out charge, and the guy was happy to slip our £20 note into his back pocket and say nothing about it being our fault!

I still use paper liners but now just sluice any poo that doesn't drop off easily, then wash and reuse them til they get holes - they last quite a few washes and get softer each time :D

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:33 pm

I think most say do not flush, the ones that do are horrid! I flush them any way :oops: though I wash them if they've only been wee'd on, and I rarely use them anyway!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 am

You can also put weed on ones in your compost bin - very good for your flowers :giggle:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:54 pm

I use the Boots ones and flush them too. If they are just wet I put them in the bucket with the nappies, wash them and reuse them.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 pm

Oh right, i never knew you could wash them!! Thats a bonus then. Maybe i will try washing them and see if they are softer. It kind of defeats the object having a flushable liner if you cant flush it, i would still be poo shaking/scraping etc.
6 days into her purees and still no poo :( :shock:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat