hf1

Nappy contents - probably a lot of TMI!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Nappy contents - probably a lot of TMI!

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Not sure where this should be posted, so I'll put it here. I'm sure one of the mods will move it if it's in the wrong place.

Anyway, Bella's nappies. We have been having a LOT of poopy nappies recently - more poopy ones than just wet. In fact, the only nappy of the last load not to be poopy was her night nappy. Hence doing another load of washing today after doing a full nappy wash yesterday.

And when I take them off, you can clearly see what is in it, which is mostly made up of the vegetables she had for the last cooked meal and they don't seem to be even partially digested. The poops are also really loose. A lot of the time, when she farts, she's pooping at the same time.

Is this normal?

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappy contents - probably a lot of TMI!

Postby Frances » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 pm

I know that it takes years for babies/toddlers' digestive systems to mature to the point that they can process food as effectively as adults. I generally have to remove a number of large chunks of orange from the washing machine after a nappy wash :puke:

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Not sure whether it's normal or not :-?

But what you're describing is exactly what i get with Lottie too, most of her nappies are dirty through out the day and has lots of undigested bits of food in too and when she farts it usually means there is a poo there :-?

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:11 pm

Jasminesmummy wrote:I generally have to remove a number of large chunks of orange from the washing machine after a nappy wash :puke:

Me too :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:14 pm

After having had 3 kids I would say this is normal, after every poopy nappy change I shake its of usually carrot down the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gracie eats loads of fruit and veg so her poops are always soft - hummm nice!!!!

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:24 pm

:puke: :puke:
I think its normal if i remember rightly Lana was the same. Kaydi only tends to do 1 a day.

I also shake as much of the Poo I can into the toilet before washing.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:26 pm

I think this is normal- if toddlers eat a lot of fruit and veg they often get what is called "toddlers diarrheoa" which is loose stool with undigested food in and it is perfectly normal in toddlers with a good diet :D

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:36 pm

yup all normal, toddler diorehea...they do grow out of it

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Summer was doing one poo a day, that's all changed lately, and she's doing this, I just assumed it was normal, she eats alot of fruit and veg!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat