How long are your size 2 nappies?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

How long are your size 2 nappies?

Postby queen bee » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi,
I've just moved Lily on to size 2 nappies. They fit her ok during the day but if I boost them with anything more than a folded microfibre cloth she gets a builder's bum. I've had these for a few years as I bought them for Samuel. I got a big load of them cheap from ebay as they were seconds (they are like tots bots or little lambs). They are about 16" long from front to back unstretched. I can't see them lasting her that long as she's only 5 months. I don't remember having any problems with them not fitting Samuel. Maybe I have shrunk them or maybe Lily has inherited my big bum :hohoho:
Not sure what to do really. I don't know if other nappies will be longer in the rise. I'd rather not buy new ones as these are fine at the moment apart from boosted at night. I just dyed them all girly colours too. If I do need new ones what do you recommend?
Could you measure some of your size 2's and let me know the measurement so I can compare as mine do seem to come up a little small.
Thanks
Kelly

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How long are your size 2 nappies?

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm

What are they??? The rise is always the stretched measurement, you shouldn't have problems with them at 5 months, I can't really say as Summer is still in sz1 small and medium, and Jak only has L and M/L HL

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:33 pm

We've only got L an M/L WAHM nappies too. I agree with Hanna though, you shouldn't be having probs with size 2s at 5 months. :-?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm

[quote="flutterby"]What are they???

I don't know what they are. I got them new from ebay about 3 years ago. The ad said like little lambs. I had a feeling that they were old style little lamb seconds. The boosters have 3 layers though.

The rise is always the stretched measurement

Right, I'll measure that when I have both hands free

you shouldn't have problems with them at 5 months,

That's what I thought. They don't seem a lot bigger than my size 1 tots. :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some more then :wink: :hohoho:

Kelly

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:55 pm

some babies can be very chunky at around that age, but still fit the nappies a year later! my DD was in size 2s from about 6months but i dont recall a builders bum...my size 2 fluffles (the first nappy i grabbed!) seems to be about 18inches long stretched.

maybe try out a few preloved nappies if you feel you need to buy more but arent sure about sizing!

gayle xx

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:15 pm

I have seen them and there is no way thet are sz 2. more like a 1.5 :hohoho: Buy more :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
anya1973
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby anya1973 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:37 pm

queen bee wrote:
flutterby wrote:What are they???

I don't know what they are. I got them new from ebay about 3 years ago. The ad said like little lambs. I had a feeling that they were old style little lamb seconds. The boosters have 3 layers though.

The rise is always the stretched measurement

Right, I'll measure that when I have both hands free

you shouldn't have problems with them at 5 months,

That's what I thought. They don't seem a lot bigger than my size 1 tots. :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy some more then :wink: :hohoho:

Kelly

I think the old style Little Lambs were cut smaller than the new style ones. I had a couple of size 1 old style LL that were smaller than the new ones I had in size 1.

I have five new style size 2s that I need to sell. £15 for the lot plus postage if you're interested. :wink:

Helen xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Get some sz 2 tots, they are cheap on amazon and the rise is fine on my DS who is 2.5!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat