hf1

Anybody use pre-folds?

My avatar
caseyj
Clothie
Clothie

Anybody use pre-folds?

Postby caseyj » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:46 am

I've got some Bambino Mio and Junior Joy prefolds, but they're so boring as is! What I'd like to do is dye them and embellish them by sewing a strip of fabric down the middle panel. Has anybody else done this? Pictures?
For those that have used Bambino Mio and Junior Joy prefolds, do/did they work well for you?
Thanks!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:41 am

Sorry I don't use prefolds. I am however in the process of dying and tie dying all my boring white nappies - it's so much fun! :D

My avatar
lili
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lili » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:00 pm

only use them to stuff my pockets!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Sorry, only use them here for stuffing as well (and got some as emergency spares for 'bump')

Dying would work - I have dyed my white fitted nappies - dylon cold water is what I used.

A pretty wrap would also perk them up!

Annette

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:46 am

We did use prefolds for months with Isabelle before having problems with them...

I agree they're boring but at least you can use funky wraps!!

We started off around 2months old (as she was prem needed to put on weight before they'd fit!) and got on okay with them until she started to out-wee the size 1 prefolds, and the size 2s were waaaaaaaay too big for her so at that point I started discovering fitted nappies and didn't look back!! :)

These days I use them to stuff or boost pocket nappies, and for mopping up after nappy-off time they're fantastic as they absorb so quickly!! :D

Edited to say that dying would work well... I've tye-dyed my bamboo nappies and they came up fab!!

My avatar
aims
Clothie
Clothie

Postby aims » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:26 pm

i only use them to stuff my fuzzis - didn't even realise they could be used on their own! :oops: how's that work then?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:53 pm

aims wrote:i only use them to stuff my fuzzis - didn't even realise they could be used on their own! :oops: how's that work then?

Briefly you fold them into thirds and shove a wrap over the top - there is nothing to hold the nappy in place apart from the wrap.

There are different ways of folding depending on boy / girl and liquid poo and if you use the liquid poo fold you can nippa them onto the child before the wrap stage.

I tried to copy some pics on, but if you are intrested have a look at bummis.com/en/FoldDiapers.html and it shows you how to do each fold in easy stages.

HTH, Annette

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat