WN for newborn?

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

WN for newborn?

Postby rachyrach » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Advice please ladies!

One of the girls who works for me has fortunately just had the CVS result back and :yahoo: wonderfully her baby girl has tested negative for Downs. :wine:
It has been a bit hairy for her over the last couple of weeks :cry: and I wanted to buy her and the little one something. :pregnant:
I have seen some embroidery on WN which I know she will love (the skull and crossbones) and although I know she is definately not a baby pink kinda girl some gentle questioning today has turned up she is not against hot pink.
So with the nappy designed in my head, which would be the best WN to go for? WNOS, WNSS or a wrap? :-?

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: WN for newborn?

Postby clairelana » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I had a WNOS and it didn't fit right untill now at 10 months so I recomend a SS or a wrap.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm

I haven't tried any of them on a newborn so can't comment on fit, but I'd be tempted to go for an OS because it'll last the longest (and I love them :giggle:). I bet most people will say a SS tho...

My avatar
Kaska
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Kaska » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm

I will go for WNOS

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:31 pm

What about a NL instead? I have one for Trevor and it is soo cute and diddy and has a snap down front for the cord :D

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:35 pm

The wraps are fab but look bulky...
The XS are a nice trim fit but are on the loosest setting already - the smalls fit on the tightest setting but just look very 'poofy'... (nice and roomy so fit over various nappies...)
The SS are a little large in the rise on Grace but fit fine otherwise

I've not tried the OS as I think at this stage (not yet 7lbs) they would possibly swamp her but I might try tonight...

I think for cuteness the small SS pocket wins hands down...

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:39 pm

for cuteness a ss or nl :mrgreen:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 pm

I'd go for either a SS or a OS. I didn't try a OS on Evie until recently (12 weeks or so) but I can get a great fit with it. The OS would last ages too even if there's periods where it's not such a good fit.
What a lovely pressie to get your friend! :)

My avatar
rachyrach
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachyrach » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Thank you ladies. :D
Looks like the SS seems the fave.
I haven't tried a NL and not sure what my friend is going to do nappy wise so a pocket might be a good option rather than dazzle her with fitteds and wraps.

Will hold off purchase until you have tried an OS on Grace, Steph oh newborn Guru!! :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat