How badly do pre-weaned nappies stain?

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

How badly do pre-weaned nappies stain?

Postby mabo » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:50 am

I was just curious really...

We had a very explosive nappy with Joshua once when he was about 4 weeks old and the vest he was wearing never came out clean of the washing machine. We were using disposables at the time and Anna was fully weaned by the time we started cloth on her so I am just wondering how badly newborn and pre-weaned baby poo stains the nappies.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: How badly do pre-weaned nappies stain?

Postby flutterby » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:37 am

They don't :wink:

Well temporarily, but now, all the nappies we had when Summer was NB, are all still pristine or were when I sold them, infact you've got one of Summer's BGs haven't you!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:42 am

I didn't have any probs with staining either. I did use fleece liners in all my nappies though, even the ones that were already fleece lined.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:22 am

Yep, I agree with Hanna. Sometimes the nappies can be a bit stained when they come out of the machine but I don't worry and they sun out or wash out in the next wash. All the nappies I used with Matthew were completely stain free when I stored them away / sold them on.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:24 am

None of our pre-weaning nappies stained. IMO post-weaning naapies stain far worse than pre-weaning ones. The poop is so much easier to remove from pre-weaning nappies :)

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:25 am

I was actually amazed when I first hung Charlotte's very yellow nappies on the line for a few hours and turned white again. We have never had a problem with stains with Charlotte or Ben.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 am

I had a couple of problems with yellow poo on fleece lined nappies until Jan suggested nappisan, but tbh the sun worked its magic on everything, and there are no stains on anything!

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am

No problems here either, although clothes did stain. We did do 60 degree washes for all nappy loads, though. The sun took care of any remaining stains!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:50 am

no stains here either but some of his vests did :D I do wash nappies on 60 and clothes on 40 so maybe that makes a difference- one of sam ud nn has a stain from the other night :evil: :evil: i blame tomatoes :hohoho: i am hoping it will sun out

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat