hf1

What to use when in the pushchair or car?

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

What to use when in the pushchair or car?

Postby moonfruit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:01 am

We are now really into our wool, even Daddy approves :shock:

I was just wondering what you could suggest for trips out in the pushchair or the car. Mainly for the school run which is 20 mins each way. Really want to get rid of our pul lined wraps now, to make space for more woolies. Do I need to keep some? Or would you just pop a pocket underneath? Lottie is a v heavy wetter, but I thought if I boosted one it would be ok for an hour or so?

Any suggestions greatfully received :D

thanks Lisa

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: What to use when in the pushchair or car?

Postby flutterby » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:07 am

pockets and woollies here, and I think Louise uses soakers and longies as in 2 pairs of woollies

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

i didn't have a problem with any 2 layer wool wrap, and Boo was sometimes in the car or buggy for an hour or longer.

my favourites are the sugar peas, but they are a very slim fit, so might fit over the new style wn nl's, but didn't fit on the old ones, and there are loads of others that i cant remeber what they were!!!

but 2 layers seems to be the key, as my puddlepants wraps which were only one layer tended to wick more while sitting

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 am

I used to use a soaker with longies on top if we were going to be out for a while :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 am

I use 2 layers of wool when Katie's going to be in the sling or pushchair for a long time although for 40 mins I wouldn't need to bother as she's not a very heavy wetter. You could always keep a couple of pockets and use them under the wool too like Hanna said.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:47 am

We'll try the double layer wool this afternoon on Lottie and the pockets on the boys I think.

Thanks for the tips.

Lisa x

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 pm

i either use a very reliable boosted nappy or use a pocket under the wool

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:52 pm

If you are worried pop an easy peasy hemp or 2 in to the nappy! That is one of my tricks :wink: but generally the nappy and wool will work well, even if there is some compression dampness, it dries in no time (thinking back to being a small baby or probably after this massive sleep I wasn't expecting!)

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:09 pm

So are you not meant to use wool when in the buggy or car? I am new to the whole wool thing so don't really know all the details! We have started off with night times for now but might start using it in the day too if all goes well.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat