hf1

Newborn poo in cloth?

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Newborn poo in cloth?

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello! Well I have had my baby! Yay. WIll have to update ticker soon!

Anyway, she was born yesterday morning and already sooo fed up of the nasty black first poos! We have been in disposable nappies so far and cotton wool and water, as we on;y got home this afternoon and then went straight out.

Anyway, just deciding if I should start with cloth tomorrow or wait until my milk comes in and the poo changes? I am a bit worried it will be difficult to get out and stain my nappies? I have all different ones, shaped 2 partners and fleece lined pockets mainly. Smallest bits I guess are the XS sandys but also hope to use BG if they fit. She is 7lb 6oz so should be a good fit I would think.

On one hand I am thinking that I might as well as well stay with the sposies as it should only be a couple of days. But then on the other hand I am itching to get trying the cloth! I don;t want to ruin them though!

If you do say go cloth tomorrow - do you put the whole lot in the washer?

And same questions for wipes. I am pretty sure I am going to start using washable wipes from now on anyway as the cotton wool and sticky poo just don't' go together!!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Newborn poo in cloth?

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:45 pm

Start using the cloth now. :twisted: I used cloth and washable wipes from birth. TBH I had more trouble getting BF poo stains out of the nappies than meconium. If you're worried about staining just use a fleece liner in all the nappies. And I agree, cotton wool is absolutely useless when it comes to cleaning up sticky meconium poos.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I didn't find the meconium stained at all - the lovely bright yellow breastfed poo does but a bit of sunshine is magic and gets it all out!

PS: CONGRATULATIONS!!

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Feb. Did you put the whole lot in the machine or did you have to get some out first? They would be going in with Elouise's nappies too?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 pm

I think the meconium kinda peeled off them but anything that was left I just left if that makes sense...
But the breastfed poo I just leave - Grace's nappies are washed along with Isabelle's night nappies and we've had no problems yet... :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 pm

I just put all Katie's nappies in with Ryan's too and we didn't have any probs either.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:00 pm

:wine: Massive congratulations, don't forget to tell us your bs.
meconium poo's should pass soon, as far as I remember we only ever got about 3 black poops, I would start using cloth straight away, I so wish we had used it straight from birth, Gracie was part time in cloth from a couple of weeks but only full time from 5 months :oops:

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Clement's been in cloth since 1st nappy...and didn't have any problems with the first poos either! I agree, the bf poo can be a bit more tricky to clean up! I did use fleece liners in all his nappies (xs Sandy's and size 1 Kissaluvs for first days) and must admit I threw out about 2 fleece liners that were really covered - just cause I couldn't be bothered rinsing it out! (I'm a bit picky about cleaning my nappies and *always* quite thoroughly rinse out all nappies before they go in bucket! :wink: ) But I'm getting some yellow staining left on fleece at the moment (tho sun clears them up brilliantly).

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 am

You have all the advice you need I think, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat