hf1

Onsize rise poppers making sores?

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Onsize rise poppers making sores?

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 4:04 pm

Sophie has developed some red sore patches on her inner thighs, exactly where the rise poppers are on her onesize nappies. It started the other night with a swaddlebees OCV but it was just one red bit. Now she has 4 on one thigh and one on the other. She has worn her UDOS, BG's and BBOS yesterday and im pretty sure thats whats doing it. She is ok in her WNOS as she is on the smallest rise for now, but is about to outgrow it.
The patches are slightly raised red patches which look like they are dry and now turning into Eczema.
I showed dh and he said maybe it was sore from her going in her baby walker? She cant walk in it as she can hardly touch the floor but enjoys the toys on it.
what can i do as 6 of my most used pocket are onesize!! and soon when she outgrows teh rise in her WNOS it will be a total of 12 of my best pockets :cry: :cry:

ETA: she does not have chunky thighs at all, she is a teeny 13lbs at nearly 8 months old!!!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Onsize rise poppers making sores?

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Bugger, no advice I'm afraid but it sound like it could be the poppers, what a bout a strip wash and see how that goes???? I

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue May 05, 2009 5:42 pm

:hug: Oh no! It does sound like it's the poppers. I'm sure someone else had the same problem and had to stop using them.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue May 05, 2009 5:52 pm

I'm sure Steph had a problem with the poppers on her WNOS

:x :x :x :x and :hug: :hug: :hug: tho

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 6:20 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO dont say that :cry: :cry: I only have about 3 med sized pockets and ALL the rest are onesize!
I put her in wool and a HL ftted for a nap and after 3 hours her legs were even worse. Im thinking it might be the nappies being wet and touching her legs altogether. Actually how could that be so when she was in pockets all day yesterday??
Going to put steroids on it tonight and FC it gets better. I can't give up cloth, sounds silly but its one of my few pleasures in lfe :oops: :oops: :oops:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm

charlibunny wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO dont say that :cry: :cry: I only have about 3 med sized pockets and ALL the rest are onesize!
I put her in wool and a HL ftted for a nap and after 3 hours her legs were even worse. Im thinking it might be the nappies being wet and touching her legs altogether. Actually how could that be so when she was in pockets all day yesterday??
Going to put steroids on it tonight and FC it gets better. I can't give up cloth, sounds silly but its one of my few pleasures in lfe :oops: :oops: :oops:

I would say the patches were caused by the poppers and made worse by the wet nappies. We had to stop using fitteds overnight on Ryan as he kept getting sore thighs from the dampness. Hope the steroids help. :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue May 05, 2009 8:21 pm

We had this problem on Isabelle with some pockets and not others - very quickly I worked out that it was when the lower rise adjusting poppers were the 'inny' bit of the popper (the male bit if you like) they rubbed horribly on her legs (blisters!) yet others like BG were fine as the lower poppers were the outy (or female) bit which didn't rub...

Try putting vaseline on the poppers when you put the nappy on so they don't rub...

We've had phases when we couldn't use fitteds for Isabelle but went back to them with no problems... Oddness...

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Tue May 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Ugh. Thanks to steph will try the vasaline. TBH when we had nappy free time tonight the eczema has spread all over her legs in 6 hours. Maybe its something she ate? Its so hard, i cant feed my baby and now i cant even put a nappy on her :( might bring her monthly hospital appointment forward :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue May 05, 2009 10:03 pm

Interesting you say that Louise, racie gets eczema type patched on her thighs but we thought it was were her wool soakers we perhaps rubbing, might invest in a couple of night time pockets and see what they are like.
:hug: :hug: Charlie, don't give up, I'm sure it will work out for you. x

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat