hf1

Holidays and no fluff??????

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Holidays and no fluff??????

Postby clairelana » Mon May 11, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm going on holiday in June. I'm not going to be able to take cloth as were only taking 1 suitcase and hand luggage.
I don't know how I'm going to cope!.........LOL anyone elce get like this?
Should I sneek a couple in? I was thinking maybe take some wool for over dispicables but I know dh will go mad if I put her in wool on hols.
Am I just being daft? It's only 2 weeks after all.

Just we retly paniking about missing my fluff........ LOL if I take my fairys and cosy I will have some minkes to stroke......... LOL

Now that's adicted .................... Pmsl

Should I fill one of our hand luggage with nappies? We have a washing machine after all.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Holidays and no fluff??????

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon May 11, 2009 1:21 pm

I have to say if you'll have a washing machine there I'd take the fluff...
We went away for a week in the lakes with Isabelle when she was 1 and bit and I took my nappies - no disps!
As we weren't doing any other washing while we were there doing a few nappy washes wasn't bad... Also the lovely sunny weather meant I could line dry them in the huge garden!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon May 11, 2009 1:22 pm

I'd definitely take fluff if there's a washing machine.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon May 11, 2009 1:22 pm

I took a wool skirtie to Austria and it was fab, she wore it almost every day :D

If you have a washing machine there I'd be tempted to take cloth!

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Mon May 11, 2009 1:28 pm

I'm not sure where you're going. If it's somewhere in the UK and you have a washing machine to use, I'd be tempted to take cloth. When we went on holiday in December, I decided against taking our nappies. Mainly because we were going abroad and I was scared that the suitcase with all my fluff in would get lost en route.

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Mon May 11, 2009 1:37 pm

Oh no your suposed to say it's only two weeks dont worry...........LOL
Fitteds skirtys and vest tops then ,dh will go mad.

Think I might need more fitteds too...... LOL hopefully my 3 wnnl will be here by then. Might take my WN AI2's too.

Oh no! Something elce to worry about, I don't think I could bare to loose my fluff! I'd have a nervous brekdown!
Were going to Costa del sol. My parents appartment, same place we always go.
[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon May 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Id worry about losing the fluff too, even if the contents of my own suitacse was worth more i couldn't bear to lose nappies :giggle: Id be tempted to take them as hand luggage but when you're travelling with kids hand-luggage tends to get taken up by everything else!

If the weather is going to be nice, I would consider taking 3 days worth if possible :D Molly gets quite a few dispicables used on her as the grandparents cant even figure out how to put on a bumgenius pocket, and they buy them when she stays at the weekend. Its not the end of the world if you have to use them, but seeing as there is a washing machine i would probably make the best use of it :D

Gayle xx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon May 11, 2009 2:12 pm

We've just come back from a week in the Isle of Wight, where Bella was in sposies :( We didn't have a washing machine - there was a laundrette, but that would have meant hanging around there for 3 hours whilst they washed and dried, and as we only had 3 full days there, we didn't want to waste it hanging around in a laundrette.

I think i would be a lot paranoid about losing my suitcase full of fluff if I was going abroad.

It's only for a couple of weeks - it won't hurt too much - enjoy your holiday. After all 2 weeks out of 2 years + of cloth nappies isn't that bad :)

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Mon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm

whenwe went to cyprus last year we took 2 cases one with clothes for all 4 of us and one with nappies :mrgreen: I could not go 2 weeks with no fluff :hohoho: :hohoho: although when we went to disneyland paris i did have to use disposies for 4 days :cry: :cry: :cry:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat