hf1

Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Argggh - soaking through her fitteds now :(

Postby Kirstyh » Sat May 16, 2009 1:51 pm

eek, as pp have said just try her with water so she only drinks what she needs. As Louise said the peach cheek boosters are great and fit inside all of our fitteds so I would recommend them, I use them daily, the website is rubbish though!! x

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

crikey hope you mange to sort something out like other people have said try just water and sqaush at mealtimes maybe

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 pm

No advice, but just wanted to send some :hug: - you must be so frustrated! Just when you think you have it cracked, she changes the goalposts again.

Just out of interest, how much does Bella drink during the day? (A friend commented today on how much Iris drinks, that's all. I thought she drank a normal amount, but my friend seemed to think she drinks a lot. Iris tends to go through about 3 TT cups of water, plus is BF on demand during the day.)

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat May 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Lottie drinks loads and is a very heavy wetter. I have found boosting a HO with an easy peasy or the fleece topped ellas house hemp inserts helps, sometimes I use two to get it to last 3 hours. I also found double layering her woolies with a wool or fleece soaker and then longies over the top helped. I won't restrict her fluid intake and she doesn't drink just water (takes after me) so she has either watered down OJ or very weak squash. I also find Bamboo sandies with an added bamboo and hemp booster will work. Alternatively if you use pul wraps WN and motherease worked for us, even overnight.

I find stuffies fab for night as they can take a lot.

Hope you manage to sort something.

Lisa x

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat May 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Soupdragon wrote:No advice, but just wanted to send some :hug: - you must be so frustrated! Just when you think you have it cracked, she changes the goalposts again.

Just out of interest, how much does Bella drink during the day? (A friend commented today on how much Iris drinks, that's all. I thought she drank a normal amount, but my friend seemed to think she drinks a lot. Iris tends to go through about 3 TT cups of water, plus is BF on demand during the day.)

At last count Bella had got throiugh 6 or 7 TT cups of vvvvv weak squash :shock: :shock:

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 pm

wow that's a lot of fluid, no wonder she soaks through. Anna proably only drinks about 7oz of water all day & 10 oz milk

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sun May 17, 2009 5:28 am

tanya2007 wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:No advice, but just wanted to send some :hug: - you must be so frustrated! Just when you think you have it cracked, she changes the goalposts again.

At last count Bella had got throiugh 6 or 7 TT cups of vvvvv weak squash :shock: :shock:

Similar amount to Lottie :-?

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun May 17, 2009 9:03 am

TBH, I know you say you don't want to limit the amount of fluids but that is alot of drink and no wonder she is soaking through. As Ali says, I would probably change to plain water and then maybe she will just drink what she needs rather than for the taste.

Ben only drinks water and milk and has 1 cup of water and about 3 large cups of milk in a day. Charlotte I haven't really thought about it but I know at night occasionally if she wakes she will ask for some juice and we refuse and offer her some water - she sometimes refuses this so we know she isn't really thirsty iykwim.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Sun May 17, 2009 9:09 am

Gracie has 6oz bottles of milk and sometimes a 4oz one in the afternoon and 1 TT cup of very weak fresh orange but doesn't always drink all of it. Her HO NN was really wet this am, even the tabs were wet and I had added extra bamboo, will try and easy peasy next time, Sandys are def our most reliable nn just now

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat