hf1

I think I should stop buying nappies now...

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

I think I should stop buying nappies now...

Postby gayleygoo » Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

I have got back into the swing of buying new nappies, having temporarily replaced the addiction with wool!

However, we are nearing closer to potty training i think, it will probably be sometime this summer :cry: Id keep Molly in nappies for another year if i could but if i dont attempt to PT her over the summer, my mum will! She went and bought her pants and suggested getting a potty for her house :shock: I warned her not to do that, as i would be very annoyed if mum potty trained my daughter!! I am looking forward to it, but later rather than sooner!

So i have been toying with the idea of getting a potty and seeing what Molly thinks of it, but i dont want to give up pretty nappies yet! I have some WNs on order that i want some use out of, and would like to order more, but i dont think i can justify it. Obviously if she wasnt ready to PT then thats fine, it wont annoy me :D But what if it only took a week or two... I would have to get :pregnant: a.s.a.p. to start buying newborn fluff :giggle:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: I think I should stop buying nappies now...

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat May 16, 2009 4:28 pm

ahh no
can i ask why your mum wants you lil girl to use a potty so soon imo i wouldn't even attemp it b4 2and a half and ur lil girl not even 2 yet :-? if you are happy with her being in nappies then i would keep her in nappies tbh

My avatar
mummymel
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummymel » Sat May 16, 2009 6:29 pm

babyjjbaby wrote:ahh no
can i ask why your mum wants you lil girl to use a potty so soon imo i wouldn't even attemp it b4 2and a half and ur lil girl not even 2 yet :-? if you are happy with her being in nappies then i would keep her in nappies tbh

same here! in my experience it's much easier and quicker to happen when they are older. there's no chance I'll be pt'ing Charlie until he's at least 2 1/2 - 3

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sat May 16, 2009 7:55 pm

I hope you can do the potty training when you and Molly are ready, not when your mum thinks it's time. Is Molly showing any signs of being ready?

Blythe is only just 15months and I don't know how I'd feel if she was ready to start potty training in 4months time. I mean, it will take me at least 2months to choose embroideries for a new wrap, she can't go rushing me :lol:

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat May 16, 2009 8:35 pm

I'd wait until she is nearer 3. Imogen potty trained just after 2, at the instistance of grandparents, and even now at 7 we still have accidents at night. :-? I waited until the month after Luke's 3rd birthday, and he was dry day and night within 2 days. I'm going to wait until my little 3 all hit 3 before we try.

Lisa x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat May 16, 2009 8:41 pm

I agree with the others. I was going to wait until 3 too but both Amy and Ryan Pt'd slightly earlier at 2 yrs 9 months. However Katie is definitely not PTing until she's at least 3 years old. :lol:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat May 16, 2009 10:02 pm

I tried with Jak starting the day after his 2nd birthday and he was certainly not ready, you may have seen but we started again this week and he's been dry ALL day today, and had a dry night nappy last night, I have decided it's certainly beneficial to leave them longer, makes everyones life easier!

My avatar
pookie3101
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby pookie3101 » Sat May 16, 2009 10:24 pm

As others have said the later the better. Ella was 2.5 & decided herself not to wear a nappy & that was it, all done. Anna is showing no signs. Everyone thinks she loves her nappies too much :giggle: I will keep buying nappies until she is potty trained & she will still be wearing wool after so an excuse to buy more as she'll need a lower rise :)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun May 17, 2009 7:11 am

I would definitely wait if possible. I pt'd Harriet earlier than I would have liked but that's because she showed interest int the potty herself and I wanted it all over before Trevor arrived. I would have left it much longer if I hadn't have been expecting another baby. Sorry to be blunt but what has it got to do with anyone else when you decide to pt :evil:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat