hf1

I think I should stop buying nappies now...

My avatar
allgirls4me
Clothie
Clothie

Re: I think I should stop buying nappies now...

Postby allgirls4me » Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 am

And my poor mum is wise enough to know just with a look from me when she has said too much.

My mil says 'I don't want to intefere' but then does so immediately!! :x

Families, eh? At least you can choose your friends!!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon May 18, 2009 1:39 pm

allgirls4me wrote:
My mil says 'I don't want to intefere' but then does so immediately!! :x
!

The amount of times I've heard this, I almost want to laugh in their faces :giggle:

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 18, 2009 2:15 pm

Hanna the only reason Gracie has a dummy is because of the SIDS thing!
My parents would never dream of interfearing in something like this and neither would DH's, his Nanna on the other hand gave me a massive lecture when Kieran was still wearing a NN at 2, so I told her I would take off his nappy and send her my washing!!! :giggle: Kieran was a late night time trainer at 3.5 until I removed his nappy one night and he has been dry ever since. Anna on the other hand was dry day and night at 2 years and 3 weeks!!!!! That was her choice though, I day time pt'd her but she saw Kieran without a nappy and then decided she wouldn't wear one either :roll: never got any wet beds either.
Gracie loves her bottle and still at 14 months has a morning and nightime one and sometimes like today one in the afternoon, think I might try and introduce the morning one in a cup soon though. x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon May 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Hmm my mum has already had this conversation with me as Ben went 3 hours and his nappy was still bone dry when she looked after him one morning. I am planning on waiting until he is 2 1/2 or perhaps a little later. IMO hopefully he will be dry 100% during the day on his third birthday and seeing as all the children I know who are toilet trained did night at the same time as day.

The SIDS thing about dummies according to surestart is take dummy away at 6 months :-?

Ben happily dummy sucking (but never at night) and 3 bottles a day as milk does not come out of anything else

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon May 18, 2009 3:03 pm

God I dread the day we try to get Gracie off her dummy, she goes to bed with 5 in her cot so she always one nearby, usually I find her with one in her mouth and one in her hand :giggle:

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Mon May 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Kirstyh wrote:God I dread the day we try to get Gracie off her dummy, she goes to bed with 5 in her cot so she always one nearby, usually I find her with one in her mouth and one in her hand :giggle:

Sounds just like my niece, Summer only has one to go to sleep!

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Tue May 19, 2009 1:05 pm

i didnt potty train till emmas 3rd birthday and it was quick and easy. only five accidents, she learnt quick and was off nappies at night after just two weeks! i think the older the better... though no older than 3 and a half lol

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat