Hospitals + Cloth Nappies

My avatar
Addicted2Cloth
Clothie
Clothie

Hospitals + Cloth Nappies

Postby Addicted2Cloth » Fri May 22, 2009 12:31 pm

Hiya,

I was just wondering, After you have given birth in hospital do the midwives etc automatically put a landfill nappy on your baby?

I'm wondering because I am planning to use cloth nappies from birth. If they do do that then can you say in your birth plan or something that you don't want them to and that either you or your husband will put on a cloth nappy?

What has happened to everyone else in this situation?

Thanks!
:coffee:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Hospitals + Cloth Nappies

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri May 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Nope - my baby was left entirely up to me to sort her out :)

If you have a c-section things may be different but if you have strong feelings about it then make sure you tell them and put it in your birth plan just in case... :mrgreen:
It may vary from MW to MW nevermind different healthcare trusts...

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri May 22, 2009 12:53 pm

I was left to dress all of my 3 babies too. I would assume it's the same everywhere unless like Steph says you've had a CS. I'd definitely put a note in your birth plan anyway just incase.

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Fri May 22, 2009 1:14 pm

I had sections and I was handed purely naked babies... the MW had just wrapped them in a towel and Lucas was handed straight to me, Amy was handed to hubby and I got Lauren after they had managed to dislodge her from my ribcage :giggle: ....

Wheeled to the ward and left to dress them ourselfs :D

jan x

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri May 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Benjamin was wrapped in a hospital towel and stayed nappy and naked for about two hours until we thought about dressing him - in a size 0 bimble! Cloth nappies were not a problem on the labour / HDU / post natal wards however they were not allowed in SCBU.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Fri May 22, 2009 1:42 pm

They nappy and dress them at my hospital, napoy from their stash of XS fuzzis and clothes from your bag! Not immediately after birth though, skin to skin first, then wrapped in a towel for a while then dressed!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Fri May 22, 2009 1:43 pm

All 3 of mine were dressed by the mw, so definately put it in your birth plan, or keep your cloth nappy in with the baby clothes you plan to dress your lo in and make sure you tell the mws you dont want them to use a disposable.

My avatar
Addicted2Cloth
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Addicted2Cloth » Fri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank you so much everyone! :D

Such great replies!

I will deffo put a note in my birth plan when the time arrives and will have my hospital bag full of cloth nappies :D

Thanks again!
:coffee:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri May 22, 2009 2:19 pm

As others have said, I wrote it in my birth plan and told my MW during labour so they knew. I was asked each time whether I wanted them dressed or not

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat