hf1

Men and cloth

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Men and cloth

Postby flutterby » Sat May 23, 2009 9:26 pm

It was OH's idea to use cloth in the first place, he's pretty good, he knew that all Jak's nappies required a wrap, and put woollies over all of Summer's nappies so he didn't have to learn to distinguise between fitteds and pockets :wink: though the other day I came back from work to find Summer in a BBSS with interlock soaker and longies, bless him, he just :roll: when I get a new nappy, but he does have his favs, he chose Jak's spidey wrap and has told me I have to keep it forever :D

My avatar
cookiegirl
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cookiegirl » Sun May 24, 2009 10:15 am

I bought cloth to use on Jude to start on birth but dh chickened out as we found a newborn quite overwhelming at first. As we got more confident (I felt our first 6 months to be a bit of a haze tbh!) I decided to try again and have been hooked from day one. As I ended up doing most of the changes, I felt it was my decision so dh backed down. Now he hates disp with a passion and recently told me off for even considering using them again.

It helped that I went for boyish ones, like camo, blue camo (or urban camo as he corrects me- fashionista :roll: ) and he likes the skull embroidery we have on a wn but his absolute favs have to be ittis for ease and looks. Also they are really slim so 'normal' clothes can be worn over them easily which is his pet hate.

Good luck on coverting your dh, I'm sure once he has to stop shelling out every week on disp (and the smell :puke: ) he'll come round. Throw in the landfill issues and chemicals on his bum and he'll soon be preaching the virtues of cloth (can you tell I speak from experience??!) dh's fav comeback to pp is 'would YOU wear plastic pants all day?' Ahh I'm so proud of dh :widesmile: :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun May 24, 2009 11:20 am

My DH is a stay-at-home dad, so does the vast majority of nappy changes. He loves cloth nappies and will only use sposies if there is no other choice - like when we went on holiday.

He doesn't understand the need for lots, or for a variety and DO NOT ask him to put a nappy together anymore -he could do it with the pockets, but is completely lost with the fitteds. To be fair, I get confused with some of the soakers for the nappies and which goes with which nappy!!

He also does not complain about having to change nappies very frequently. It was me who got annoyed with the 2 hour changes and changed the stash to fitteds, he would have kept going!

Oh, and he chose the colourway for both our longies :widesmile: :widesmile:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sun May 24, 2009 1:02 pm

Bren loves cloth and is as disappointed as me that we are using the dreaded disp's at minute. He choose william WN custom nappy and has even bought me surprise nappy presents :D

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Sun May 24, 2009 2:49 pm

My DH prefers sposies :x He goes mad about cloth and doesn't understand it at all. He hates all my wool says its too warm for her. :babyrolleyes:
I just don't buy sposies and he doesn't do any of the shoping, so he has no choice but to use cloth.
I would'nt trust him to use fitteds, if i leave Kaydi with a fitted and wool on I come back to her with a pocket and no wool :roll:
I have to stuff all the pockets I wouldn't trust him to do it. :giggle:
I leave him a full stash of BBOS with aplix and he's happy to use them, well he has no other choice....lol He usually goes for the saphire.
He did sugest that I started making my own and selling them, after seeing me dye and paint the upsy daisy ones. :mrgreen:
I only wish I could sew I would make us a full stash of FF like nappies :hohoho: I can't sew stright though :hohoho:

All in all he thinks I'm as "mad as a box of frogs" :giggle:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sun May 24, 2009 2:54 pm

My DH is great, he always uses cloth, but he moans incessantly about the nappy bucket and has NEVER done a nappy wash or sorted them afterwards :roll:

My avatar
Laura2904
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby Laura2904 » Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 pm

LOL yeah... for a while Paul was the same... but i said him if he wants to use sposies he can freaking buy them [even though istill use them at night for her haha]
but he is starting to use them a bit more now lol... with some whinging [only jokey whinging]

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun May 24, 2009 10:57 pm

DP quite likes them, but would probably prefer it if I wasn't so obsessed! I have to stuff and sort them all otherwise he gets extremely confused and does mad things like putting empty pockets over another pocket, or just putting on an empty pocket :roll: He also puts WNNN on inside out almost every time. If he changes a pooey nappy, he wont rinse it out and will just leave it somewhere for me to find days later :puke:

He apprieciates their softness and prettiness, but doesnt understand why they need to be "so elaborate" :giggle: His favourite bit about it is that he's only ever had to buy one pack of sposies :D

He also thinks im a bit loony for being on a cloth nappy forum, but then he doesnt understand what a great community forum it is, and we dont just talk soley about nappies :widesmile:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Mon May 25, 2009 9:37 am

Well dp would prefer to use sposies but he is happy not to shell out for nappies every week and agrees the sposies STINK!

I always wash them and stuff the pockets. I keep the pockets seperate to the fitteds and the wraps are with the fitteds so he doesnt get confused :giggle:

He doesnt get the cute factor but has on occasion pointed out that he liked a particular design more than some others :giggle:

Sarah x

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat