hf1

What do you do when you go away?!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

What do you do when you go away?!

Postby emmajayne33 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm going away for a week next week, I really want to take my nappies, but I don't think it'll be practical, the washing will be ok, we just will have nowhere to dry them. When I've been before it took me ages to get clothes dry never mind nappies!!! :roll:

I was just wondering what you do?! Do you take a particular type of nappy? Or do you just make it work? I'm worried I'm just being lazy... :giggle: :oops:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What do you do when you go away?!

Postby Mareth » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:47 pm

If i go away to my mam's or to the IL's I normally take pockets as they'll dry quickly (and are easy for other people to put on), I'd probably take lots of mf rather than my normal mf and hemp as it'll dry more quickly.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:52 pm

I normally take everything with me and if I am not planning on washing at all like this summer, just take enough for the whole week :giggle:

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm taking all mine with me too, were going for 2 weeks. We have a washing machine and maidens though.
Hoping the sun in spain will dry them quickly :giggle:
I'm worried about loosing the suitcase though.infact I'm getting really frightened about it. Someone mentioned it when I asked about taking fluff on holiday.
I can't fint them in hand lugage so they will have to go in the suitcase.
I can't wait to show off our lovley nappies in the sun.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:41 pm

We used sposies. We no longer have enough to last a full week and didn't want to be wasting time sittng in the laundry waiting for the nappies to wash and dry.

BUT we were all very glad to get back to nice fluffy nappies - even DH. Although I'm not surprised about that as he does really like our nappies.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:26 pm

I have also been lazy before and taken disps as I couldn't fit them in our luggage for the plane journey and didn't want the hassle of washing and drying in a strange place, let alone getting lost :x

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm

clairelana wrote:I'm worried about loosing the suitcase though.infact I'm getting really frightened about it. Someone mentioned it when I asked about taking fluff on holiday.

That would have been me. I'm sorry. :oops: I'm sure that everything will be fine!

I took 'sposies when we went abroad, just for the reason Claire mentioned. If we were going on holiday in the UK, I'd take cloth.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:24 pm

We're going away for 2 weeks next month and I plan to take some fluff and use sposies as well. She will travel in sposies but for night time and day trips/shopping trips she will be in fluff. There is a washing machine in our apartment and the will dry super quick on the terrace. x

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Well I'm afraid I use disposables when I go away as I try to travel as light as I can i.e. 1 suitcase for the 3 of us. :oops: :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat