hf1

How Many To Order?

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

How Many To Order?

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:38 am

When ordering a new nappy would I be best just ordering one and seeing how we go with it or ordering several and hoping we get on with them? Really struggling to choose between so many yummy designs :giggle:

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: How Many To Order?

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 am

I think a selection is usually best. There's no one nappy that's perfect for every child or every situation. I find fitteds better for nap times, while DH prefers pockets for ease when we're out and about. Plus, as your child grows and changes shape, you might find some nappies fit worse (or better); particularly if they're popper, rather than aplix fastening.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:49 am

Buy one or two of the nappies you like to see how you get on with them. Most nappies fit most babies quite well, although some of the less well-known brands have an unreliable fit. Tots bots, motherease, fuzzi bunz, bambeasy, weenotions, and upsy daisy nappies are all relatively safe bets!

Its also good to "pace" yourself as you dont want to buy loads of nappies then see lots of other pretty ones that you want! Well, you might end up doing that anyway :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah, just one or 2 at a time, there is nothing worse than buying 4 or 5 and discovering that they don't work for you :wink: It might cost a little more in postage but could save you loads in the longrun.

Some shops though will let you send unused ones back for a full refund so you could order a few but only use one to see what it is like and then keep the option of sending the rest back if it doesn't work

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:29 pm

I'll just order the one then and see how we get on with it, thanks! :D

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:50 pm

If you are ordering from twinkle i think you can just select "Free first order postage" each time you buy a nappy :wink: I do that if im just buying one or two things from them, although i havent in a while so they might have fixed that now...

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:07 pm

The Nappy Times does a fab free trial - you can try five different nappies for the cost of return postage (plus refundable deposit) :wink: http://www.nappytimes.co.uk/page2.htm

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat