hf1

Growning out of Bamboozles early?!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Growning out of Bamboozles early?!

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 pm

Okay so you all know Isabelle's a big girl now at almost 27lbs... However bamboozles say the size2 should fit to 40lbs!?!?!?!
(edited to add that kittykins says they're up to 40lbs but twinkle says 35lbs)
They go round her waist but seem to rub on her thighs... Can't really explain properly but they just aren't a good fit anymore...

Won't sell them as they're a good work-horse nappy but might have to buy some more pockets or something for nursery... (they can't always manage pockets properly so who knows how they'd get on with nippas!!)

My fave 2parter at the moment is the wahm bamboo or bambineo and I'm tempted to try a velcro one... Afterall I can always remove it if we don't get on with it...

And I know the tots have a fairly good resale value, afterall they're in excellent condition despite weekly usage with no stains...

Any ideas guys? I'm wondering if they've shrunk!

Edit to say - they can't have shrunk, must just be the velcro being a poor fit... The one nippa version I have (removed the velcro) fits fine - as does our rainbow bots cotton nippa version... Trouble is the bamboo doesn't nippa well anymore...
BUT I need these nappies for nursery!
Last edited by Velvetsteph on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:19 pm

I have only 1 lonely size 2 Bamboozle now. It's aplix though. It still fits Lockie fine. We don't use it much because it needs major boosting to last any length of time. It doesn't seem to have shrunk (- unlike my baby beehind which I am sure has.)
I did have a velcro size 2 Bambineo but I sold it because it really didn't suit Lockie's shape. I have some nippa size 1 ones for Zac though and these seem to fit him OK. I just don't like velcro, aplix or whatever they want to call it.
Maybe Isabelle has chunky thighs? The Bambineo would be a better fit then as they are cut higher? I think Lockie has very skinny thighs.

OH MY GOODNESS. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT TONIGHT. TELL ME TO STOP. I'm just rambling on and on and on..................

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:25 pm

kt24 wrote:OH MY GOODNESS. WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT TONIGHT. TELL ME TO STOP. I'm just rambling on and on and on..................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:24 pm

I wouldn't give up on them just yet, Georgia isn't as heavy as Isabelle but a few months ago she went though a bit of a phase where she grew outwards but not upwards :wink: she has since had a growth spurt heightwise :D She has totally changed shape over the last few months, Isabelle may do the same.

Could you remove the aplix and sew a little terry or similar on them where the nippa would go :?: You would get a better fit and it would solve the problem of the bamboo not nippering properly :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:33 pm

Steph do you want to borrow a velcro wam bamboo to try?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:05 pm

No idea what Matthew weighs at the minute but his size 2 bamboozles are getting a bit small.

He grew out of his size 1 ones long before he reached the weight limit.

Joanne

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:55 pm

Charliemum wrote:Steph do you want to borrow a velcro wam bamboo to try?

Definately - yes please!

I tried the nippa bamboozle on her today and even that is a bit small now so I think they'll just have to go in the "next baby" pile... :lol:

Depending what happens with this new job/redundancy milarkey I may just buy a load more pockets (e.g. bumgenius) for nursery... But I might investigate some wahm nappies - pockets or 2parters!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat