Help, I am realy confused

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Help, I am realy confused

Postby caeganol » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:02 am

Hello everyone,
After having fallen in love with my bumgenius BTP. I am really not so sure now. And guess what I have 17 of them.
I do think they wil come handy soon, perhaps once he is a little older.
My LO is 5months old and around 14lb and croutch area has been the issue with nappies. He also has a very tiny waist so I do think that the bumgenius are a bit too much on him. IYSWIM.

I would realy like some advice as to what to go for.
I like the look os the new swaddlebees but as someone said(on another thread, they have the velour layer,which doesn't keep the bum dry, so I am really confused and after spending a lot of money on nappies already don't want to get it wrong this time.
Please help!!!!!!!!!!

I will go for sized but my LO is in between small and medium at the moment and really not sure what to go for.
I am pulling my hair looking at all this different types, and still not sure what to buy.
:evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :? :? :?
sukhi

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:41 am

Do you definately want pockets / aios or have you considered 2 parts? There are lots of 2 part nappies that come up quite slim between the legs but are more reliable than similar slim fitting pockets / aio as you then have the wrap on top. Something like a Bambineo is lovely and slim fitting and you could go straight for the size 2 which is 18-35lbs but with a nippa can do much smaller babies too.

The Swaddlebees OV nappies are also slim fitting and lovely but pretty expensive so don't know if you want to spend as much as that. They do a onesize which I really like.

For pockets - Fuzzis are good. Although they are sized, the medium seems to last people ages, Charlotte can fit the medium now at 18m and about 28lbs, and she isn't even on the last popper. They are nice and soft and don't seem too bulky between the legs with a mf insert.

Or have you tried a Pocket Bot. Hilary is really nice and can advise on sizing and allows you to return them if they don't fit, she does some lovely fabrics too.

Hope you find something to suit.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:51 am

The Swaddlebees OV nappies are also slim fitting and lovely but pretty expensive so don't know if you want to spend as much as that. They do a onesize which I really like.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
OV--do u mean the organic velour, but do they keep the bum a dry.
As long as I can get it right this time, money is not a problem. That is a only IF!!!!!!!!!! there though!!!!!!!!

I didn't think of the 2 part, as I don't think I am that clever to be able to do that.
This is my first time and not even sure how the other works.
Thanks for all your patience.
xxx
sukhi

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:03 am

Don't be scared of 2 parts. I think most people on here started off using 2 parts and only got into pockets and aios as their lo's got older. They are easy to use, it just means you are putting on 2 layers instead of one.

The swaddlebees ov (organic cotton velour) doesn't have a stay dry liner (nor does the bambineo, but then many 2 parts don't) so you just add a separate fleece liner and this keeps the bum dry and also makes poo disposal very easy. If you really want a fleece lined 2 part then a bambeasy is slim fitting and is totally fleece lined (like a pocket).

There is nothing wrong with sticking with pockets and aios but maybe give one 2 part a go. I think it is always worth having them in your collection for times like recently when Charlotte had an upset tummy (much better containment for very runny poo!!) or you might find that pockets no longer last you through the night. Many people use pockets in the day and 2 parts at night.

Hope I am not confusing you more!

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:28 am

lizziesrealnappies.co.uk/index.cfm/advice/Products.Details/product_id/70/subject/easy_peasy_bambeasy_nappies

Is this the one you mean?
What else do I need with this now.
I presume a insert and a wrap??
Told you I am thick!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Thanks for taking the time to educate me.
You are a star.
(((((annette))))
sukhi

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:56 am

Hello Annette,
I have ordered some (medium plus ones)from Hilary and hoping to order some from easy peasy ones.
Thanks for all the help.
xxx
sukhi

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:37 pm

Wow you don't waste any time do you? I hope you like the bambeasys. You will need some wraps to go with those, something like a Nature Babies or Motherease wrap is very good and reliable, or if you want ultra cute then take a look at Wee Notions (be warned though there is lots on there you will want to buy).

Pocket Bots are fab, lots of us have those and only heard of a couple of probs, mostly good reviews.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:58 pm

Hello Annette,
You have been so great educating me about nappies.
Thanks a lot.
I have not ordered easy paesey as I seem to have spent over the expected budget already on swaddlbees(was very tempting), pocket bots and cushietushie.
Wee notions does look great but will try and hold it for a while, atleast till I have tried the ones I have just ordered.
Thanks
sukhi

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat