hf1

after my little experiment today

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: after my little experiment today

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 pm

pookie3101 wrote:I did an experiment on night nappies once v a sposie. I kept pouring water onto a Nightnotions and a Pampers Baby Dry. they both took the same amount of fluid roughly but the sposie burst under pressure & weighed a lot more than the cloth with the same amount of water

weighed more than the cloth? hmm thats an interesting fact! I wonder why that is... :-? blugh at the thought of an exploding sposie :puke:

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree, sposies stink. I sometimes feel bad about DD getting red marks (pressure lines) from her nappies/wraps, but we've used sposies a couple of times (on holiday, and once when she had a bad infection and had to go on antibiotics - ew, very gross nappies for a week!!) and she got all sorts of red marks from them too - worse, in fact!

I do like a stay-dry inner, fleece or minky or even velour, but I don't bother much with liners these days except at night. Most of our other fitteds are bamboo velour, which at least is antimicrobial etc and is soooo soft when it's dry that it seems a shame to cover it up with something synthetic :giggle:.

My avatar
jennyjanesharp
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby jennyjanesharp » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:10 pm

hmm, i think i may try that experiement myself - just o see with my own eyes! DDs sposie has been 'bursting' at night when we use them, and i have NO idea why as she doens't drink a huge amountin the day time,and we use the same one's. W put her in a minki tonight... with 2 hemp inserts, one cotton and one fleece, so we'll see!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat