hf1

Have you converted anyone else to cloth?

My avatar
LJayne
Clothie
Clothie

Have you converted anyone else to cloth?

Postby LJayne » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm despondent to say that in 4 years I haven't been able to do this. No-one else in my NCT group used cloth when I had ds, although 1 lady did think about it.

My SIL said she would and bought some Tots Bots but stopped using them coz she said she thought it was impeding her son's movement (what about all the cloth bummed children before disps were invented????). So she stopped using them and he STILL didn't move for months! I think her husband wasn't as committed as her and it didn't help. So she lent them to me for Naomi but hasn't asked for them back for her 2nd son, born a couple of weeks ago.

Any success stories out there?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:44 pm

:D Lesley, how lovely to see you on here posting!! I've been trying. I'm in France where it is so outside the mentaliity, I have a friend who has a babe 3 weeks older than Louis and she was quite keen when I took all m nappys around when preggers. I found out later she had bought some of the nappies I had shown her but only 2 or 3 so never got into it. Want to show her pockets as I think there might be a chance!

My sil is due in the next few weeks and she has bought all my 1st sized nappies and seems quite keen so I count that as a success!

My friend Amanda had won a bm btp pack and gave up shortly after but after seeing Louis nappies she has restarted so that is half convert!!

So I reakon I get a 1.75 score!!!!

My avatar
Amanda
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Amanda » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:25 pm

Yep, I'll give you that one Tory. I was a clothie in my head but not my baby's bum lol. But I think you'll have to share your success with your dh, since he was responsible for convincing mine to let me spend some cash on some better nappies! John went up to change Connor's nappy before we went out this afternoon and asked was he just putting a dispo on for going out (such was our faith in the Bambino Mios!), and I was proud to say 'no we're full-time cloth now'! (we have been for a couple of months now, so I'm not even sure why he asked that question, but anyway...)

Can't claim any successful conversions, but I've had conversations with a couple of mums who are interested, but just not interested enough to give it a go. Maybe when their next babies arrive...

Amanda x

ps hi Lesley!

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:30 pm

A lady on my birth board started using cloth (fuzzi bunz) after reading a discussion I was having with anoother cloth user, so does that count??

Other than that I think that everyone thinks I'm a little crazy really, the whole why make extra work for yourself thing!

BECK : )

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:29 pm

I think that definately counts Beck.

I am trying hard to convert people, I have done a few talks at antenatal classes but don't know if any of these people went on to use cloth once their babies arrived.

I am hoping with our new nappy network that we are trying to set up in Stockport that we will do lots of converting - in reality it will probably just be lots of cloth addicts feeding their already well established addiction, lol.

Annette

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:55 am

I have a friend who is due in a couple of days who is going to use cloth after speaking to me. I think she already had the idea but everyone she knew was talking her out of it. In fact I got into a big discussion about it at her baby shower and surprised a lot of people. She is looking forward to trying cloth, yay!

Sam...

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:26 am

thats fab Sam, hope she has lots of lush tiny nappies :D :D :D :D :D

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:58 am

I'm sad to say I have 3 friends who've just had babies / due any day and none are using cloth :(

The one who's due very soon was seriously considering it after talking to me and mentioned it at her ante-natal class. The midwife said it was a ridiculous idea and she'd have more than enough to do without washing her nappies! In front of all those first time parents too, who probably don't know much about cloth and now probably won't find out. Silly woman! :x
My friend's not so keen now.. :(

Joanne

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:06 pm

Oh Joanne, that is such a shame and just gos to show how important education at health services level is. Maybe you should go and see the mw (with a big stick obviously!!) and set her straight!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat