hf1

Do I need a liner

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Do I need a liner

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:45 pm

I've literally just thought of this, when I'm using my bamboozles I'm not using a liner at the minute and when I take them off Austin's skin looks red but not sore at the minute but today is the first day he has been completely in cloth, he has worn a combination of BB and bamboozles so should I be putting a liner in his nappy? I know the poo will just run off and I'm not bothered about that, I just wonder if his skin will get sore if the wee is on his skin. Will a liner stop his skin going red and avoid him getting sore or will he be fine without one?

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Do I need a liner

Postby bryc1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:08 pm

I prefer to use a fleece liner, unless OBV as it keeps their skin drier and not as red but some don't use liners as their babies are sore with fleece next to skin.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

I love fleece liners, minkee liners are popular too - I adore minkee inners on pockets - but they're also a man-made material so if your LO doesn't get along with fleece, they might not like minkee either.

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 pm

i try to always use a fleece lienr to keep teh wetness away from his bum but soemtimes forget

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:41 am

Hi, I don't use liners with pockets but I do with any nappies where the absorbant layer is in direct contact. This includes my pop in nappies and tots bots bamboo. I fond if i dont use a fleece liner it feels really damp and i hate to think of Lucas being uncomfortable.

It's definatly worth trying them. :wink:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks will hunt out the minkee liners :roll: I'm such a goon for not realising before :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:35 am

Puddlekins has minkie liners as i have been eyeing them up :oops:

We use fleece liners and never have a problem with them...Ds gets a red bum in pockets if there is no fleece liner? :-? I use them to keep him dry really and also becuase i like to use nappy cream sometimes and it protects the nappy inner :)

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

He doesn't seem to get a red bum, it seems to be his front, we don't appear to be doing too bad though, I haven't made a move to re-usable wipes so we're using Pampers sensitive wipes and as far as I can tell something in the balm on them has so far protected Austins bottom nicely, I think it's the camomile. If I knew how to or even if I could make a solution that had camomile in to use with re-usable wipes I think I probably would make the swap.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 am

plain water might be better. dan got very sore even with the sensitive wipes. i just use plain water on dan in a spray bottle. i have some wipes cubes but its a PITA to make them up :oops: and i heard that soaking the liners in camomile tea before use is meant to be good. and im a bit lazy and use paper liners as i hate touching poo and can just flush it away.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat