That 'inbetweeny' age/fit...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

That 'inbetweeny' age/fit...

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:40 pm

Gah!

Grace is LONG so needs the rise of mediums but she's skinny and while her thighs aren't exactly skinny they're not enormous either...

So I have TONS of nappies that don't suit her shape right now!!

Medium new style WNSS - I can *just* about get it done up on the tightest setting but it's too tight really - and the legs gape massively :? I think the standard rise would suit her better in terms of fit *right now* but OTOH she needs the higher rise really... :?
Bamboo baby beehinds I really really don't like at the moment as I just can't get a good fit
Infact I've totally fallen OUT of love with ALL BTP nappies as really she needs the higher (middle) rise but the legs gape horribly when I do :?

So looks like we'll be back to fitteds and wool for abit until she changes shape again as there are so few pockets etc that fit well at the moment :roll:

Plus when I popper down BTP nappies the poppers seem to not lie flat and I'm worried about them making her uncomfortable... Oh and they can be a total PITA to stuff and put on especially fitteds as she's wriggley so ss nappies seem much simpler!

It's SO frustrating!!

AND I'm frustrated by the oddness between brands - for example her LHC mediums are very low in the rise - very very low in the rise so much that they look like a small nappy... Whereas she's only just growing into a medium ecobubs and flutterby fluff! :x

Just debating whether to try and sell my unloved nappies such as the bamboo baby beehinds or to hang onto them for when she changes shape...

Thing is she's 50th centile for length but 9th for weight (where she was born) so might not change shape that much I guess :?

Old-style (poofy) medium WNSS fit lovely tho' so I might need to hunt the classifieds for more of those!

And it's not like she will change shape quickly either as she's following a low centile line she'll gain weight slow and steady rather than rocket like Isabelle did... :roll:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: That 'inbetweeny' age/fit...

Postby 2climbingboys » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:58 pm

It is really frustrating isn't it! I would hang on to them for a few months as she may totally change shape and weight centile when she weans. Blake puked (painless 'happy' puking :-? that the consultant wasn't too worried about as he was still gaining weight) 12-15 times a day until he was 7 months and well weaned. When he stopped the puking he very quickly went from a long thin baby (70th centile weight & over 98th for length) to a really quite chunky one as his weight centile got quite close to catching his length.

Blake walks (doesn't stop all day) now and is changing shape again - he is getting slimmer and far less chunky bummed. He has even had 2 poop leaks with wonderoos that used to be really reliable on him. I keep tormenting myself that all his ittis would possibly not give him builder's bum & constant poop leaks now - if I hadn't sold them :roll: !

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I so know what you mean. I am having same problems with Roxy she is over 75th for length and about 50th for weight.

Only pockets that are fitting are med preston pants and the large WNSS with med rise Hanna lent us,like you I found the tightest popper on med was too tight on legs next one down to slack but tightest popper on large is good, waist is bit big so will have extra poppers put on. Will probally order some just worry about her changing shape or outgrowing rise. Like you I am loving fitteds just now best fits are our FF and a Jimmy riddles which is marked L but smaller than other L we have. Really thankful I have some wool though as strugglig with wraps WN doesn't sit right, NB doesn't always cover some of the ruffles or rise of some nappies. It was never this hard to get good fitting nappies with Ty as although long he was very chubby so most fitted him well.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm

have you tried bbss? These are, and always have been our best fitting nappies, I'd be happy to lend you one.

And :hug: Summer is on the 2nd centile, therefore growing slooooowly, we can't use anything front fastening, but luckily she's a shorty

[ Mobile Post ] Image

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 pm

flutterby wrote:have you tried bbss? These are, and always have been our best fitting nappies, I'd be happy to lend you one.

I did have a medium BBSS but I've lent it to Jules as the leg holes are too big for Grace :x could just be that it was stretched from use on Isabelle and I guess they only way to find that out is try a new one :? Otherwise I'd love to borrow one...
Could you measure the leg holes when done up the tightest? I will ask Jules to do the same with the one I lent her and then I know whether it's stretched or not...

My avatar
afterglow
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby afterglow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Just debating whether to try and sell my unloved nappies such as the bamboo baby beehinds or to hang onto them for when she changes shape...

And it's not like she will change shape quickly either as she's following a low centile line she'll gain weight slow and steady rather than rocket like Isabelle did... :roll:

Blythe was just over 12th centile for ages, though she is 25th now that she's weaned. I know exactly what you mean about 'inbetweeny' fit. I held on to any nappy that wasn't too small or that didn't drive me crazy fastening/washing/drying it. Especially my pink and orange bbhs as I knew how difficult they would be to rebuy. I do reach for them quite often now.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:53 am

That size coincided with autumn and not being able to get stuff dry so I invested in a 6 pack of Bright Bot terry squares and they saw me through both problems! :giggle: Jo fold was best!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am

Bella's there "again". She's been growing like a weed for ages, but is finally starting to put some weight on to catch up, so she's not quite so skinny. Anyway, it means that where her nappies would do up on the tightest leg popper, they now need to be either the 2nd or 3rd set of poppers. Her waist is still tiny, so is still on the tightest poppers there.

As she's between poppers on the legs, and has a rather runny tummy, it means we are getting poo leaks for the first time in ages.

TBH, I'm sure the sizing of mediums would be much better for her, but she is too tall, so the rise isn't right.

Bella is 75th centile for height and between 25th and 50th for weight.

:hug: :hug: Hope Grace does that little bit of extra growing to fit comfortably into her nappies quickly and you get over this awkward bit.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat