Nippa or Applix?

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Nippa or Applix?

Postby FUZZIFAN » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Hi ladies

I've seen some REALLY cheap BN Tots bots (£1.99) and I really wanted a few extra. Thing is I'm not sure which to get I have both (applix are bamboozle) and have noticed that the applix seems to be losing it 'stick' so often stick a nippa on as well and it catches the inside of my wool. Equally nippa's can be a bit of a faff on an impatient 18 month old and if you mislay them while nappy changing they can end up dug into poor babes back :oops: (as happened in my case)

Just wondered what others thought before I order some.

Thanks

Nicky

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nippa or Applix?

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:34 pm

The way I see it, you can always sew velcro on if you change your mind. Or ask one of the lovely ladies on here to maybe sew velcro on for you. Maybe get a couple of each if you can't decide?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:54 pm

i would have nippa

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Now I would go with applix tbh. But I like anything simple!

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:05 pm

:hohoho: I thought I was asking for trouble posting this question! I guess I'll have to go with gut instinct when I get to ordering them. At least I know what colour I want! (using pink for days and white for nights)

Thanks ladies

Nicky

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:30 pm

I think we all like different things & get on with different things, so the best thing to do is go with your instinct & what you like.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I use applix everything, but then sometimes we nippa ontop as lo can't take off nippa's (yet) but he can undo popper and applix.

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 pm

i would go for applix as they don't make bamboo nippas and cotton isn't as good so i've heard. If i could get bamboo nippa tb i'd be happy :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't particularly like either, all our nappies are popper fastening but if I had a choice I'd go for nippa. Applix loses its stickiness quickly and sticks to everything in the wash, even with laundry tabs. :roll:

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat