hf1

What should I do?

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

What should I do?

Postby kt24 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:09 pm

My secret Santa present came today along with the one I ordered for Lockie. I looks so cute. I have tried it on him though and it's a terrible fit - the worst fitting nappy I've ever put on him.

Now I don't know what to do. I don't want my recipient to be disapointed by an ill-fittling nappy but then I guess all babies are different shapes and it might fit them better. :? :? :?

What do I do? I've still got time to order something else. Help!

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 pm

Personally I would order something different as I wouldn't want to give someone something I don't like.
But as you said this nappy might be fine for your secret santa. Up to you really.
Sorry not much help

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:32 pm

As you said all babies are different shapes. Do you know if Lockie's shape is the same as your recipients? Do they both have fat or skinny legs? Even if something was a brilliant fit on Lockie doesn't mean it would be perfect for another baby. I'd say not to bother getting something different unless you thought that your recipient has a similiar body shape to Lockie.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:08 pm

mmmm very tough. If you think its just generally a bad fitting nappy (ie very loose or badly designed) then I'd return it and get something else. If you think it might be ok on the other body shape then keep it!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Well if the baby you're buying for is a different shape then don't worry - afterall don't forget the Kanga, terrible fit on Isabelle yet fitted both your boys well...

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Also what sort of reputation has it got, do most people get on well with them?

I don't know what i'd do if it were me, I think I would probably get another one, but I am a worry wart :roll: :lol:

All my fingers and toes are crossed that it isn't one of mine :shock: :lol:

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:49 pm

WeeNotions wrote:
All my fingers and toes are crossed that it isn't one of mine :shock: :lol:

You can uncross Suzanne it isn't one of yours. :lol: Yours are a lovely fit.

It did have good reviews and they are sooooo nice looking. It is worrying me because if I hadn't got one for Lockie I wouldn't know it didn't fit well and i would have happily sent it. :? :?

Back to the drawing board I think. :lol:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:01 pm

Hmmm that is a hard one, I think that I'd most likely just send it as every bub is different and it could be a fantastic fit on them.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:17 am

Have you emailed the seller to see if it's a common problem or if they'll let you send it back and get your money back?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat