hf1

What do you boost & what with?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What do you boost & what with?

Postby Louise » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 am

I booat most nappies with EP hemp or EP bamboo apart from the ones that are too narrow like Sweetiebums and FFs. For those I use Swaddlebees hemp boosters.

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 pm

I use hourglass 3 layer bamboo boosters. I made these from bamboo terry squares. Soemtimes I do use a EP hemp booster.

We have to boost all of ours if I want them to last more than 2 hours.

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:30 pm

I have to boost everything and have had to since Dexter was a few days old. I have a variety of boosters which poor dh has no chance of figuring out what fits with which nappy. I use bamboo, hemp, cotton terry and microfibre boosters :D

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:55 pm

I don't always boost nappies.

Fluff n stuff - these are day to night nappies anyway, so have BIG inserts anyway, which are designed to last overnight (no way on my DD, but good for day time). It has a trifold like a WNNN in it, which I fold over at the front, so lots of layers in her wetzone.

JR - All mine have the trifold insert rather than snap-in, which I fold over into the wetzone. These are probably the least absorbant of the nappies we have now, so most likely to need boosting, but make up the bulk of the collection as I love the fit on Bella.

Hollow Oak - These have large inserts as well, but I usually fold the bigger insert under itself into the wetzone, to create more absorbancy

Dunk n Fluff - I fold all the inserts in half, so there are a LOT of layers in her wetzone

Guerillafluff - as above

I sometimes boost if she is having a really heavy wetting day, but the above solutions generally last 2.5 - 3 hours.

I used to just lay all the inserts flat in the nappy :oops: rather than folding any of them, which is why they weren't lasting. I am still experimenting with folding of inserts to get the best absorbancy without being uncomfortable for Bella.

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:13 pm

a boost every nappy that hasnt got a pop in insert but then it would last about 3-4hrs like that!
and i just use cheap microfibre cloths folded into 4 as a booster and works fantastic - better than my little lamb nightime boosters!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 pm

I have to boost pretty much everything. The only nappy I haven't yet had to boost is bububebe!!! I usually boost with and easy peasy hemp or a bamboo towelling.
Last edited by twinkletot on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:03 pm

i boost all sams nappies including ittis except his ff, i usually use a swaddlebees hemp booster but do have a few others odd ones- i also quite like EH hemp fleece topped ones (i have 2) for on the top of ittis :D

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:19 pm

I don't really have much to boost with but I have 4 bamboo inserts (no idea what kind or anything like that) but I normally fold them in half and stuff them into pockets right where Oz pees the most along with the inserts they normally come with.

I never boost any of our fitted's. Maybe I should be? How wet should a nappy be when you change it? All over or just around the wet zone?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 pm

zodoz wrote:I never boost any of our fitted's. Maybe I should be? How wet should a nappy be when you change it? All over or just around the wet zone?

Bella's nappies are pretty much soaked when they come off, all over, but unless the wool over the nappy has leaked, I class that as OK. If the wool leaks as well, then I know that particular nappy needs boosting.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat