hf1

Help do I need to boost?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Help do I need to boost?

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:59 pm

I just need some advice. I've had my twins in cloth now for a couple of months. For my bigger twin I use mostly bamboozles with random other stuff. I've been having some leakage issues with him, so not sure if I need to boost.

I'm doing a test right now, and he's in a bamboozle (no wrap so I can test :wink: ) and changed just after feeding. He's been in it for less than 2 hours and the top feels cold - not quite damp IYKWIM. the bottom is damp enough to make the muslin he's lying on damp.

So far I've been able to get away with changing them every 3.5 hrs or so - they sleep A LOT so its sometimes hard to squeeze a change in.

If I do need to boost, what would I use for him and the bamboozles? More bamboo? Would a hemp booster work in a bamboozle? or just go for microfibre? I'm starting to confuse myself :oops:

Thanks

My avatar
vampiredreams
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Help do I need to boost?

Postby vampiredreams » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 pm

I'D BOOST WITH A HEMP BOOSTER

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:16 pm

i would boost with either hemp or more bamboo :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:54 pm

If you do use hemp, put it between the nappy and the wrap as itdoesn't absorb very quickly.

By the sounds of things, he's not soaking the nappies anyway, so boosting may not actually be necessary. I usually boost a nappy if my DD can outwee it (by which I mean the whole nappy is wet to the touch) in 2 hours. If a nappy lasts 2.5 hours without being soaked, then we're doing really well.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:06 pm

I'd probably boost with bamboo as hemp is slow to absorb :D

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks everyone - after 3 hours his nappy was damp on the bottom, but not really wet. I mean it felt wet but didnt leave any wetness on my hand. So maybe I don't need to boost just yet.

tanya2007 wrote:If you do use hemp, put it between the nappy and the wrap as itdoesn't absorb very quickly.

DO you mean on the outside of the nappy? I had thought that the booster should go in the nappy - but I'm kind of learning that anything goes really in the world of cloth :giggle:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:07 pm

I boost my bamboozle with a little lamb night time bamboo booster (from ebay) folded in half. And this seems ok for Lucas who is quite a heavy wetter. I was thinking about using my weenotions bamboo booster which is much higher quality bamboo and would be far better but these are a lot more expencive.

gilbertandmartha wrote:Thanks everyone - after 3 hours his nappy was damp on the bottom, but not really wet. I mean it felt wet but didnt leave any wetness on my hand. So maybe I don't need to boost just yet.

tanya2007 wrote:If you do use hemp, put it between the nappy and the wrap as itdoesn't absorb very quickly.

DO you mean on the outside of the nappy? I had thought that the booster should go in the nappy - but I'm kind of learning that anything goes really in the world of cloth :giggle:

Yep, you can put boosters on the outside then the nappy still fits well around the legs for poo containment :wink:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:02 pm

It doesn't sound like you need to boost much atm. IF you do want to boost I'd try a small bamboo booster folded up and place inside the nappy in the wetzone or a hemp booster between the nappy and wrap.

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat