hf1

Eww greusome child! Any help?

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Eww greusome child! Any help?

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Hiya, We have only been using real nappies for less than a week but two times now he has pooed, taken them off and then eaten his poo! He is ten months. Earlier he was in his cot napping, i could hear him wake up and playing so I thought i would leave him there while he was content, went back in and there was his nappy with handfuls of poo in his hair, mouth, on the sheets etc. i am using pre folds with ll wraps with velcro at the mo. He never did it with sposies! help!

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Eww greusome child! Any help?

Postby charliesam » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:55 pm

sam can easily get off aplix/velcro type fastenng nappies :evil: :evil: and does as soon as you put one on, and has on occasion taken them off and wee'd or poo'ed on the floor- i have had to change to popper nappies and wraps. Motherease to a popper wrap and lots of pockets are poppers-- we like fuzzi's alot at the present :wink: i think they like the noise it makes :-? and now the few times sam has been in a sposies he takes that off too :babyroll:

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:01 pm

I think a lot of people go for side snaps if their LO's do that. luckily i dont have that problem yet.
:puke: at eating poo though. hope you get it sorted.

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:02 pm

I should be getting some pockets soon so maybe that would help but in the mean time do you think I could put some masking tape over the velcro?!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 pm

maybe make sure he is in a vest thats poppered up untill you get your other nappies?? That way he cant get to the sides!!

My avatar
mousenose
Clothie
Clothie

Postby mousenose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 pm

winniewheresmypooh wrote:I think a lot of people go for side snaps if their LO's do that. luckily i dont have that problem yet.
:puke: at eating poo though. hope you get it sorted.

What are side snaps? x

My avatar
winniewheresmypooh
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby winniewheresmypooh » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm

nappies that do up with poppers which are on the side of the nappy rather than doing up at the front

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 pm

ewww - but i cant say much - my nearly 3 year old has just started to take off his nappy and wipe it everywhere he can.....hence the need to potty train - and fast!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:30 pm

That is ultra gross! Lili does like to undo velcro but fortunately we haven't had any nasty incidents yet (the nappies have been either clean or nearly clean)... I do find that I have to cover them up, she has to have trousers/shorts on with velcro nappies and wraps!

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat