hf1

Newborn nappies

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Newborn nappies

Postby clarge » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 am

Hi ladies..... Thinking about starting up my newborn stash. I have one so far which is a jam tots hemp thingy but thats it. Think its gonna be a full time fitted and wool baby to begin with, may get one or two pockets for those longer journeys, but could use some recommendations if you would be obliged!

Thanks!

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Newborn nappies

Postby megansmummy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:49 am

I absolutly loved bamboo little lambs on Kieren when he was newborn...infact i still love them and am in the process of building a little lambs stash for him in size 2 :) Being bamboo they stay lovely, soft and fluffy!! :) They are also pretty reasonable to buy second hand!

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am

I loved Bimbles, Bambeasies, Diddy Diapers and Swaddlebees OV Newborn when Rowan was really tiny and then the LL Bamboo Size 1 when she was a little chubbier (she had wee chicken legs when she was born!) We also had a few XS Motherease Wraps as the small ones were too big around the legs.
I'm very jealous of your newborn fluff shopping - it's just sooo cute! Have fun. :giggle:

Cathleen xx

My avatar
MrsWeirdo
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby MrsWeirdo » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:11 am

My DD was pretty small at 6lb3oz... we used Diddy Diapers, XS fluffles, XS sandies and 40cm terries and loved them all. Pockets did also work reasonalbly well for us too, we never had a containment problem with them either, even on super skinny legs. We used XS fuzzi's to start with, then wen tonto BG's when she hit about 7.5lb.... the bulkyness wasn't an issue for us as even the XS fitted were big on her..... (ETA: we didn't mind the bulkyness...)

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:12 am

i've only just found little lambs and they are lovely and soft and fluffy, wish i had a newborn to buy fluff for! :giggle: good luck buying newborn fluff

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:17 am

We used 50cm terry square until Kacie was 3 months, saved me a fortune on not having to buy every different size. Having said that I'll probably go for bamboo Little Lambs and Tots Bots size 1's for number 2 :D I found the terries really versatile for4 all the frequant newborn nappy change and didn't mind the bulk at all. Looks quite cute IMO :giggle:

Also want to have a HUGE massive wave :idea: :idea: at Camille :giggle: Nice to 'see' you here :widesmile:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:26 am

i think sandys are excellent pretty much bomb proof imo

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:27 pm

We used xs thirsties, size 1 tot bots, bamboo little lambs are various wahm nappies :)

Happy fluff shopping, I had lots of fun building Dexters newborn stash :)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Size 0 bimbles are my favourite newborn nappies because they are such a cute, trim fit.

Sandy's work really well under wool.

Small Weenotions Northern Lights are my favourite luxury small nappies and the small still fits him really well now.

Applix nappies can get a bit stuck to the wool so I prefer popper or nippa fastening for that reason.

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat