hf1

Brightening up boring white nappies?

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Brightening up boring white nappies?

Postby Lynni » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:20 am

We mainly have MEOS, but they're boring and white - how can I make them abit more interesting? I thought maybe I could send some to Flutterby Fluff for some dyeing but thats been my only idea....

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Brightening up boring white nappies?

Postby indigosky2k » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Lynni :idea:

Definitely dying is the way to go. Be brave and give it a go yourself. I know it's not quite the same, but I've been dying my terry squares and it's fun :widesmile: Try it on something you don't mind ruining first if you want, but it's quite easy, I think, if you get some dye that you can put in the washing machine. I've been dying in a pot though as I wanted to tie dye and dip dye, but even that's relatively easy once you get the hang of it.

And I've not forgot to PM you, I will soon I promise :D

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby cat27m » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:34 am

I dyed my MEOS with Dylon Machine Dyes and they dye really well. If you're feeling creative you could try the cold water dyes and dip dye them or maybe tie dye. Have fun!

Cathleen xx

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:54 pm

I love dyeing things!
I have no white nappies left (or vests, sleepsuits, muslin squares....... you get the idea. :giggle: )

I have used Dylon machine dye, cold water and hand dye and have some Procion dyes too which is lots of fun mixing your own colours.

If you want single colours the machine dye gives the most even coverage. Otherwise use the cold water or hand dye to tie dye or LWI or just splash/pour over the fabric. It's so much fun. :D

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 pm

i did the samw as above :giggle: dyed every white thing in the house a few fetching shades of blue green and purple :giggle:

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 pm

How do you hand/cold water dye? Thing is though I want a good job doing which is why I thought I could send them to FF :wink: I used Dylon with some white muslins when I was pregnant just to see what would happen and they came out a lovely shade of purple, just as well I had a girl :giggle:

My avatar
babybots
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby babybots » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:01 pm

Try having a look at http://www.nappywardrobe.co.uk, she has some nappy patches in a load of designs !!

My avatar
moonfruit
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby moonfruit » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Hanna is a miracle worker! She has worked wonders on some of our boring white nappies and now they are things of beauty. :mrgreen:

Not brave or creative enough to try doing it myself :oops:

My avatar
Lynni
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Lynni » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:22 pm

mummytofive wrote:
Not brave or creative enough to try doing it myself :oops:

Me neither!! I think I'd rather pay someone else to do it for me :lol: I might get some dylon though and do a couple myself

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat