hf1

Newborn nappy advice :-) Tots bots?

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Newborn nappy advice :-) Tots bots?

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Ok, so I've finally started to think about getting stuff ready for bump - bit late I know as all we have are a few unisex grows from lo and a moses basket lol, and have realised we really dont have enough nappies.

Currently in use for Lyra, we have;
20 Sandy's size s
5 sandy's size L (not used yet as too big)
1WNOS
10 wonderoos one size
Several bamboo terries but these are used as pocket inserts
2 large huggles

For bump;
5 x little lambs
2 x small huggles

Lyra is showing no sign of out growing the sandy's small, and the large are too roomy in the leg to use - she's soo long and slim (from her daddy not me lol!)

I've found a bargain of brand new tots bots nippas and applix in size 1 - but wondered if anyone has used these from birth? I used size 2 nippas cotton & popper bamboozles from 9mths, but lo is a VERY heavy wetter, so we sold them. But her LL's were great until 9mths.

Would nippas give a better fit on a NB?

We're on a mega tight budget, as in watching every penny -I'd love to buy more sandy's but thats not possible, but any advice would be much appreciated!!!!!!

Chelle x

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Newborn nappy advice :-) Tots bots?

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:56 pm

never used tot bots, but u get a totaly custom fit with nippas. when dawn lays down for changes, which isnt often, i love nippas. harder on a toddler. but i use them with aplix nappies so she cant take them off ;)

and i LOVE ur LOs name :)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:13 pm

I used TB on Iris as a newborn and found the fit to be pretty good, even from birth (but Iris was an ounce shy of 9lb at birth, so quite big!). IIRC, she outgrew the size 1 TB at about 7 months - we had builder's bum issues. :giggle: I found that I did have to boost the cotton ones, as they're not the most absorbent nappies on earth. But perfectly functional. HTH

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:18 pm

Thx Dawnsmummy (sorry dont know ur name :) ) , and I love her name too lol :)

I'd love to get bamboo nappies but funds will not permit atm. Will keep looking, but the bargain I've found is £60 for 30nappies - which will be more than enough and I suppose I can always boost them if bump out-pee's them lol.

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I loved xs sandys and diddy diapers on juliet when she was tiny-- bought them mostly secondhand, too. Never used tots bots, so can't really say, but if they're silimar to LL, I would think they'd work well, and you could definitely nippa them if they need to go a bit smaller. £60 for 30 nappies is such a good price. Also love your DD's name!

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:46 pm

i'd get them for that price and then buy some bamboo boosters i still prefer nippas now as you can alwasy get a nice fit

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:48 pm

:shock: £60 for 30 nappies is a serious bargain. i prefered nippas when daniel was smaller as i got a better fit.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:Thx Dawnsmummy (sorry dont know ur name :) ) , and I love her name too lol :)

I'd love to get bamboo nappies but funds will not permit atm. Will keep looking, but the bargain I've found is £60 for 30nappies - which will be more than enough and I suppose I can always boost them if bump out-pee's them lol.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That's a bargin and a half there!! You could always buy some bamboo boosters or even buy some bamboo fabric and sew your own if you're so inclined.

And, really sad, but my LARP character is called Lyra :) Named her after the girl in the His Dark Materials trilogy :giggle: I want it as a baby name, but OH says all he'll be able to think about is my make-believe vampire when he says her name :hohoho:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:39 pm

I used applix tots bots from when Katie was around 3 weeks old. I folded the applix over and nippa'd them. They weren't particularly absorbent and I wasn't keen on them TBH but they did the job ok. We mainly used Diddy Diapers, Swaddlebees and Bimbles though. Until we found the wonderful world of WAHM napppies that is. :giggle:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat