Buying Goodmamas direct??

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Buying Goodmamas direct??

Postby greenferret » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:36 pm

:idea:

I've seen a couple of Goodmamas that I really like the look of in the Goodmama shop, but have not bought nappies directly from there before (only clothes :giggle: ). Does it work out a lot more expensive? If anyone has had to pay customs on them, how much does it cost?? Please tell me I can justify it :oops: :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Buying Goodmamas direct??

Postby Pinchette » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:20 pm

I bought mine direct from her. It took about 10 days to arrive and I didn't have to pay any customs but I'd only ordered one nappy.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:41 pm

International postage is pretty frightening though. :(

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:01 pm

I ordered 6 of them a while ago, but it was on a "3 for 2" offer so it worked out at about £18 a nappy, which is the most I really would have paid for them. The postage was really high though, which made it quite expensive. I didnt get hit with customs charges either, but there's always the risk of it. Reliable site, i got them quickly :D but use a currency converter before you buy to make sure you're not paying far more than you'd like!

Customs isn't always too much, but RM has their own charge for the process which can be more than the customs!

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:42 pm

gayleygoo wrote:Customs isn't always too much, but RM has their own charge for the process which can be more than the customs!

I saw something at the sorting office the other day that said £8 service charge or something... :shock:
There are a few on there I'm really in love with, too.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 pm

mamaellie wrote:
gayleygoo wrote:Customs isn't always too much, but RM has their own charge for the process which can be more than the customs!

I saw something at the sorting office the other day that said £8 service charge or something... :shock:
There are a few on there I'm really in love with, too.

Yep its usually £8 - £11 depending if its Parcel Force or Royal Mail plus import duty which is 10.5% of the total amount you paid inc shipping.

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Hmmmm, can't decide now :-? Don't really want to end up paying £30 for one, but do reaaally like the ones I've seen........ :gaah:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:01 pm

greenferret wrote:Hmmmm, can't decide now :-? Don't really want to end up paying £30 for one, but do reaaally like the ones I've seen........ :gaah:

Maybe ask the UK WAHMs that import them to see if they can get the ones you like when they next order? :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:21 pm

yeah I agree with Louise, ask one of the UK stockists if they can get ot for you on their next order or if you could get in with a goodmama co-op!! ohhhhhhhhha gm co-op!! :shock: :mrgreen:

I wont order direct as i think it works ut too expensive :(

I know that jabula arnt getting any new ones any time soon or bibs n bots as I have asked both :( Maybe try cloth bums r us

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat