hf1

Whats the most annoying thing

My avatar
cat27m
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Whats the most annoying thing

Postby cat27m » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm

The only negative comments I've had were from a girl at work. I was showing a pregnant colleague some of our fluff and the other girl just said "I don't know how you can be bothered with all that washing" (I don't call once every 3 days a lot of washing) and my favourite one "What do you do when you're out?" As I pointed out to her what does she do when she's out and there's no bin - just dump the sposie somewhere?! She then started going on about how much she spends on sposies and that she only uses 3 nappies a day (morning, lunch and then bedtime with sometimes an extra change in the afternoon). I guess her lo goes for the baggy nappy look! All the other girls at work loved the nappies and spent ages admiring our stash! :hohoho:

We also get a lot of "I like her pants". Like a 15 month old would be in pants! At least they're being admired I suppose.

Cathleen xx

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 pm

hehe i have so many nappies that if i can find a convert in my area i'll give them all they need to get started.(tots starter kit of nearly 20 size 1 nappies and all the wraps they could need)

i'm working my magic on a few ladies...... :wink:

My avatar
drainpipe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby drainpipe » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 pm

"You're not still using them though are you?" when my beautiful Itti Bittis had just arrived!

"But you live in a one-bedroom flat". Yes - but it has a washing machine! We're not mingers.

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:39 pm

Geordie_Girl wrote:
nappywardrobe wrote:2. No, he was two weeks late

WTF?? :x :x :x

I honestly don't know what to say to this. Of everything written here, this is the one that really makes no sense.

I think my response to it would have to be Image before laughing in their face, I really think I just wouldn't be able to help myself.

WSS... Isaac was 14 days late and :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: he is in cloth...

Then one I always get is

"your brave" :roll:

"so, you put poo in your washing machine?" ...

Yes.. I empty all the poo from the nappies, into my washing maching. :roll: :-?

"Your weird" From my friends cousin...

Also someone once said, "wow, your like one of those proper Mum's" :-? I didn't quite understand what she was getting at, she is her Mum herself!!!

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 pm

gayleygoo wrote:"Oh that's great! I thought you looked like a bit of a hippy when you walked in" (said by a mum at BFing group, Molly was in a mei-tai...why yes thank you, I've been perfecting the look since I learned how to skin up :roll: :giggle: )

:hohoho:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:40 pm

The 'you're such a hippy' thing gets me the most. Why am I a hippy because of the way I choose to mother my baby?

Just because I don't conform to the 'norm' of using dispicables, bottle feeding, using all the Johnson products under the sun etc etc doesn't mean I live in a commune and hug trees (not that there's anyhting wrong with that if it's your thing.)

What gives people the right to comment anyhow, it's not like I asked them. Do I say to them 'why put horrid chemicals near your baby' or 'well in my opinion that's what breasts are for' etc etc. None of my friends bf or use cloth, and I never ever EVER comment on it period. Their baby, their choice. My baby, my choice.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:43 pm

becky1978 wrote:The 'you're such a hippy' thing gets me the most. Why am I a hippy because of the way I choose to mother my baby?

Just because I don't conform to the 'norm' of using dispicables, bottle feeding, using all the Johnson products under the sun etc etc doesn't mean I live in a commune and hug trees (not that there's anyhting wrong with that if it's your thing.)

What gives people the right to comment anyhow, it's not like I asked them. Do I say to them 'why put horrid chemicals near your baby' or 'well in my opinion that's what breasts are for' etc etc. None of my friends bf or use cloth, and I never ever EVER comment on it period. Their baby, their choice. My baby, my choice.

Because they need validation of the things they're doing, and by putting you down or making you (trying to make you) doubt yourself, they get it. :( Unfortunately. Same reason DH's friend 'told' us we wouldn't last a year in cloth.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:44 am

What a brilliant thread!!!! Me and Mr CM are :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

I had all my bright bots on the line once and a lady said - 'ohh I like your bright set of towels' - 'ummm they're not towels they are nappies'. She wouldn't believe us :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
wytch
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby wytch » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:50 am

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: at the coments.
i get your a hippy then?
dont they smell?
what do you do with poo?
there old fashsioned and with they bluk between her legs she cant walk.
and there no better for the enviroment.

WTF why do people feel the need to comment on my choices for my baby! :x

saying that I did have one lady intrested in giving cloth another go at baby group. I sent her here :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat