hf1

Any rec for a A12

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Any rec for a A12

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Im trying to make two at the minute but im confused by the choice of fabrics inside and out, layers in the inserts etc :giggle:

Please for a clueless nappy builder HELP, whats your recommendations material wise, what works best :mrgreen:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Any rec for a A12

Postby twinkletot » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:24 pm

:idea: .
Is your ds a heavy wetter? How is the 4 layer insert coping with the ai2 you have? If it's ok I would go for another 4 layer insert. If you are thinking of boosting I would say 6 layer. Do you need a stay dry layer on the top (like you already have?) If so go for the bamboo towelling and MF topped with a stay dry layer.
Cuddlesoft is what you have in yours inside, its pretty much like minkee tbh. Lovely and soft lol. Have you had a look in the fabric section? It will show you what the fabrics look like and you may be ale to get a better idea of what you like.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:42 pm

:idea:

Is that what cuddlesoft is :shock: see im a total novice, thank god youre here to help me i thought it was minkee :giggle: !

The four layer copes fine for 2ish hours, i think id like to get the most layers i can though so 6 it is :mrgreen:

Definatly want the stay dry on the top, so i need the 6 layer etc with cuddlesoft, now thats sorted im going to go lose myself in the fabric section....i may be some time :shock:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:53 pm

evansmummy wrote::idea:

Is that what cuddlesoft is :shock: see im a total novice, thank god youre here to help me i thought it was minkee :giggle: !

Definatly want the stay dry on the top, so i need the 6 layer etc with cuddlesoft, now thats sorted im going to go lose myself in the fabric section....i may be some time :shock:

That was what I thought at first too about cuddlesoft, took me ages to work it out :giggle: .
Have fun browsing the fabric section, I can get lost in there for ages!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:27 am

I actually prefer a 4-layer insert with a hemp Greenkids booster (not the big double insert, just the booster!) in the middle - I don't find bamboo terry on its own particularly absorbent. :wink:

Cuddlesoft inners are great, basically the same as minkee but at no extra cost :giggle:.

My avatar
evansmummy
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby evansmummy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:19 pm

I THINK i may of completed them....can quite bring myself to submit the order yet! :giggle:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 pm

What did you decide on in the end???

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:38 am

My favorite design for an AI2 is the Sweet Night, firstly because the wrap part is fleece, not PUL, and secondly because the popin soaker unfolds completely into a rectangle to dry, so it dries fairly quickly, even though there are 12 layers of bamboo, once it's on. It also has a polar fleece lining all over, so is really comfy!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat