hf1

New to nappies advice

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

New to nappies advice

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 pm

No not me :giggle: A very dear friend of mine is :pregnant: with her 3rd baby and wants to use cloth. Not having used cloth on Gracie from birth I'm not sure what to suggest to her, what you you lovely ladies suggest? xx

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: New to nappies advice

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Little lambs would be my top suggestion for ease, price, drying etc. The newborn reviews should come in handy if they are still around. The bamboo squares would be a fav choice again, but that does take some folding skill, but plenty of time to practice!

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:01 am

Hmmm, small fuzzis maybe, I had XS and S and they both fitted from birth, obviously the S are a more economical choice! Oooo or BGs, they fitted Summer from birth, hmmm or if fitteds would be prefered then I'd agree with Annette, little lambs, or maybe even sandies!

My avatar
Little Pants
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict
Site Supporter

Postby Little Pants » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:40 am

Bambeasy newborns are lovely for tinies, and I reckon the bambeasy BTP is about the neatest fit of any BTP seperates on a newborn as well.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:15 am

we used xs sandies, xs thirsties, xs prefolds and had size 1 little lambs, i also tried kisaluvs but IMO they were pretty useless!! I also had small sandies, small thirsties, small prefolds, diddy diapers (which i didnt really like) bamboo lovables which were good and my OS pockets (bumgenius and happy heiny) and fitteds (goodmamas and puddlekins) which fitted from bout 7/8 weeks :wink:

As for wraps my favs were xs and small thirsties, these beat any wraps IMO!! :wine: Wish I had used more wool tbh...

My avatar
clairelou88
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clairelou88 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:27 pm

i'd say go for BGv3 there so easy to use and dry,might be a tad bulky on a newborn but will grow into them! wish i started Alister with them from birth, i used prefolds and wraps first, which is also a good idea as there so cheap!

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:12 pm

This is my 3rd baby but first time using cloth (eldest 12 & 10) and up until a month ago when I found this site all I'd ever used since birth was Bambinex Bamboo with Nature Babies wraps and paper liners so I can flush any solids away. I found them really easy to use have never had any problems with leaks and they have fitted under all Charley's trousers since birth. At 16 months Charley still wears these at night and I get 12 hours no leaks the only nappy rash I get is with teething and dont use fleece liners. Must admit if they hadn't been so easy and reliable would probably have given up.

I've now discover the delights of ittis'(I like) blueberry's OS (dont understand the hype?) and am about to try Funtimes and Pocket Bots V2 but still keep returning to my old faithfuls but I do have a few WN and BB wraps for the look!

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat