Wish us luck!! Update pg 3 :'(:'(

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Wish us luck!! Update pg 3 :'(:'(

Postby juboo752 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 am

Massive :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

No advice really because i'm sure you've already tried every combination of night nappy going. Tbh i would probably go with sposies if my dd was having the same problems :( We were having problems with very sore and inner thighs from overnight nappies but we now make sure she has about 3 fleece liners going the other way across her nappy so they stick out both side og the leg iyswim and her thighs dont meet the nappy iyswim :-? :-?

I guess you've tried Minki Pocket nappies they are supposed to be very good overnight, we used to use them without any problems :wink:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby greenferret » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 am

:hug: :hug: hope you can find a solution soon hon :(

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear things didn't go well last night. :(

I have to say I agree with Tory. If you have to use 'sposies at night then go for it. It's more important that you BOTH get a good rest - sleep is so important, it's when the body release growth factors for healing, etc... so is vital for you both to recharge your batteries and stay well in yourselves. At the end of the day, what's one 'sposie a day compared to the number used by full time users (and I can attest to that as my DS has had to be in 'sposies for about the last 6 weeks!).

It does sound like it could be the wetness or the bulk waking her up, although I think if it was the bulk she'd have problems settling to sleep to even begin with. It sounds like the wetness is more the problem as she's woken up screaming when the nappy is sopping wet. Do you think her wee is burning her, and therefore at the root cause of the sores? I know you've had these sores for a while - have you spoken to a HV/GP? Maybe they could arrange a urine test?

Sorry, I bet you've been over all that ground, but thought I'd mention it just-in-case.

:hug: for you, and :hug: for LO.

Sarah
x

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: Personally, I think I would go with the sposies - I used naturecare eco sposies when Evie stayed with the ILs and they were grand, they didnt smell like pampers etc., and were grand for overnight.

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:08 pm

I say go with sposies if you are getting a full nights sleep and she's not getting sore. Maybe she's gettingf wet, then getting cold. Lily is waking more during the night now and I think it's coz she's cold.

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:17 pm

queen bee wrote:I say go with sposies if you are getting a full nights sleep and she's not getting sore. Maybe she's gettingf wet, then getting cold. Lily is waking more during the night now and I think it's coz she's cold.

But i have flutterbye fluffs and puddlekins and embroidered UDNN's..... WAAAAAAAHHHHH :x :x :x :x
eviesmummy wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: Personally, I think I would go with the sposies - I used naturecare eco sposies when Evie stayed with the ILs and they were grand, they didnt smell like pampers etc., and were grand for overnight.

We got sainsburys eco and they are ok... i just dont like them. they are ugly.
Cyrillia wrote::hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear things didn't go well last night. :(

I have to say I agree with Tory. If you have to use 'sposies at night then go for it. It's more important that you BOTH get a good rest - sleep is so important, it's when the body release growth factors for healing, etc... so is vital for you both to recharge your batteries and stay well in yourselves. At the end of the day, what's one 'sposie a day compared to the number used by full time users (and I can attest to that as my DS has had to be in 'sposies for about the last 6 weeks!).

It does sound like it could be the wetness or the bulk waking her up, although I think if it was the bulk she'd have problems settling to sleep to even begin with. It sounds like the wetness is more the problem as she's woken up screaming when the nappy is sopping wet. Do you think her wee is burning her, and therefore at the root cause of the sores? I know you've had these sores for a while - have you spoken to a HV/GP? Maybe they could arrange a urine test?

Sorry, I bet you've been over all that ground, but thought I'd mention it just-in-case.

:hug: for you, and :hug: for LO.

Sarah
x

the sores are inner thighs only, they start off as her eczema and then progress to sores. Her girly bits and bum are fine so doubt it is wee :(
I know everyone is right about the sposies...

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 pm

I dont normally do this and I know I dont know you and you dont know me but I've got to say YOU need to ask yourself what your reasons for wanting your baby to wear cloth are budget, ethics, looks and then YOU have to decide which is more important a contented baby who sleeps through the night or YOUR reasons for wanting your baby to wear cloth nappies.

Your baby
Your choice
Your conscience

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby charlibunny » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:52 pm

Charleyjoe wrote:I dont normally do this and I know I dont know you and you dont know me but I've got to say YOU need to ask yourself what your reasons for wanting your baby to wear cloth are budget, ethics, looks and then YOU have to decide which is more important a contented baby who sleeps through the night or YOUR reasons for wanting your baby to wear cloth nappies.

Your baby
Your choice
Your conscience

I know the right answer is to use sposies, i suppose im just looking for answers as she has slept fine the past year in cloth. I want her to wear it because it lets her skin breathe, it has no chemicals in it, it is eco friendly, better for her posture but i also think they are pretty too!
I am perfectly willing to use eco sposies, i am just trying ALL options in cloth 1st as this is the way i would like it to be.
Im just looking to see if there is a way round these problems. I will do the best for my daughter, if i cannot find a soloution which keeps her dry and sleeping well then the eco sposies shall remain for night times!!

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:29 pm

I think you need to stop beating yourself up about it things change give yourself a break (and some sleep) put her in disposables at nights for a month and see how it goes and try again later. Like you said it worked before it may do again and if not so what.

Sometimes there are no answers things just happen, we are all just doing the best we can and if its wrong we can pay for the therapy when they are adults. :wink:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat