hf1

Shall i attempt cloth again

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Shall i attempt cloth again

Postby Kirstyh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:11 pm

We just went for it a night, I'm sure you all know Kieran's night time tale by now :oops: His night nappies were soaked to the point his pj's were really wet (he was in sposies), I thought that at 3.5 he was too old (I now know different) so we just put him to bed with no nappy, no waterproof sheet nothing and he was fine, he wee'd a teeny bit as he woke but stopped himself in time, did we just get lucky do you think????? Anna saw him the next night at 2 years 1 month old and refused a nappy that night and was also fine, how did we manage that???????!!

What have you decided to do Nic, nappies my minkee have got a large slinki in the reduced section for £10 as it is a bit grubby, will find the link
ETA here it is, not sure if would be any good to you though http://www.minkinappies.co.uk/index.php ... dabbb2b6b0

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Only just seen this but with rashes, I probably wounldn't risk going back even though fluff is lovely.

I have never gone back to cloth wipes after the rash did clear with loads of combinations but we only use wipes for poos now which is normally once a day, so I think just be proud of the lack of landfill for all the years she was in cloth 100%

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:04 pm

I agree with Annette. I wouldn't put Bella back in cloth if she was in Evie's position. I think one sposie a day vs the discomfort caused to Evie by the cloth nappies is a good trade-off IYGWIM.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:29 pm

Decided to leave it as i know the pain she was in was awful for her (and me to see her that way) and i think given that hopefully sometime pretty soon she will be trained at night too i think just makes me think i won't go back into it now. :oops:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:I think once they are PT'd their wee becomes more concentrated as they save it up instead of doing little&often emptying of the bladder... And this is why it burns the skin as we've only had problems since PT too...
And Isabelle's nappies really really stink of ammonia in the mornings and they're washed the same as Grace's and hers are fine... :?

That makes perfect sense now thinking about it as when Evie was younger and in day cloth we never got the rashes like we did later with just night nappies. She never gets sore in disps ever so think i just have to accept that we stay the way we've been doing and not worry about it too much!! :oops:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:36 pm

nic1 wrote:
Velvetsteph wrote:I think once they are PT'd their wee becomes more concentrated as they save it up instead of doing little&often emptying of the bladder... And this is why it burns the skin as we've only had problems since PT too...
And Isabelle's nappies really really stink of ammonia in the mornings and they're washed the same as Grace's and hers are fine... :?

That makes perfect sense now thinking about it as when Evie was younger and in day cloth we never got the rashes like we did later with just night nappies. She never gets sore in disps ever so think i just have to accept that we stay the way we've been doing and not worry about it too much!! :oops:

I think that's a sensible decision. Out of interest what disps to you use? On the odd occasion where Ryan wears disps when he goes to work with DH we get major leaks. :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 pm

Louise wrote:
nic1 wrote:

I think that's a sensible decision. Out of interest what disps to you use? On the odd occasion where Ryan wears disps when he goes to work with DH we get major leaks. :-?

Definately...

We're just managing doing part-time cloth at night for Isabelle but I know if that wasn't working I'd do disps fulltime however annoying (and expensive) it is...

Louise we use hu99i£$ dry-night pyjama pants age 4-7 as we got leaks in regular 'nappy' disps...
We've occasionally head leaks from them but only when she's drunk loads and loads and loads and flooded in the morning in addition to overnight...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Thats interesting, we use pampers active fit and have been getting alot of leaks lately...i wonder if huggies pyjama pants might be better :-?

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:02 pm

We had a lot of leaks with the active fits too, but they stopped when we had the regular fit.

Sarah
x

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat