hf1

Clothes to fit over cloth nappies

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Clothes to fit over cloth nappies

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:40 pm

i find asda and tesco the best but soem if its from next i just buy the next size up you could always use wonder web instead of hemming the legs up

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:49 pm

ok, I must have a really abnormal child then. Dawn can barely fit into the age 5 jeans in Tesco with a cloth bum :oops:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:52 pm

Stacy, all kids are different, size 2-3 swamps megan in the waist from tesco (ok she is without nappies now during the day) and I have to adjust the wasists so they dont fall down...but the same size from mothercare/next etc are all too small and she needs 3-4...different shops styles suit different kiddie shapes hun :hug:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 pm

megansmummy wrote:Stacy, all kids are different, size 2-3 swamps megan in the waist from tesco (ok she is without nappies now during the day) and I have to adjust the wasists so they dont fall down...but the same size from mothercare/next etc are all too small and she needs 3-4...different shops styles suit different kiddie shapes hun :hug:

Dawns in about 4-6 years in most shops tho :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Most of our clothes are Sainsburys TU. We find Next stuff is cut v slim too, I've struggled to get it over sposies in the past!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:34 pm

agree that tesco, asda and sainsburys seem ok. Nathan has short legs so atm most 6-9m trousers are too long!! He's long in the body tho and the 6-9m cut4cloth vests we have need extenders!! normal 6-9m vests we have to use 2 over all the nappies except ittis!

My avatar
nicksmum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby nicksmum » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:39 pm

Is the answer longies? Still learning 'bout all this stuff :-? . Can you buy patterns to knit these (I know a knitastic grandma who'd probably love the opportunity)!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:49 pm

nicksmum wrote:Is the answer longies? Still learning 'bout all this stuff :-? . Can you buy patterns to knit these (I know a knitastic grandma who'd probably love the opportunity)!

Longies are great and if you have some one who can knit then even better, have a look in the work section for advice and patterns.
As for clothes, i find next stuff small as well and our kids have never been chunky, long and lean kids here, Pumpkin patch are short in the rise but ok under a standard rise medium WN !

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:20 am

I'm still new to this so really obvious question, if you already know, but how do longies work? and how do you wear them? (not me obviously :giggle: but my 16mth old). To me they look really itchy and I hate the smell of wet wool.

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat