hf1

Not keen on the big bum

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Not keen on the big bum

Postby mabo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:54 am

As the title says, I'm not really keen on Caitlins big cloth bum at the moment :( She's outgrown her smallest newborn nappies or they just dont last longer than an hour so I've upsized her but they just give her such huge bums. And whilst I didnt mind the big bum with Anna when she was still in nappies, I struggle to not grab a disposable sometimes.
I dont like that her small clothes dont fit and that she doesnt feel as small and tiny when I hold her. I love the way she can snuggle up against me when she's in a disposable :oops: , the way she can pull up her legs and almost roll into a little ball.
I love all her cloth and really want to love using it too, but the love just isnt there at the moment. :|

Hopefully when she gets a bit bigger and grows into them it'll come back :babyroll:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Not keen on the big bum

Postby megansmummy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:58 am

I know what you mean...cloth on an ity bity baby can be difficult :hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am

You just need different nappies!!!

I didn't like the inbetweeny stage but we haven't used any disps at all on Grace...

Boosted bimbles with a WN wrap worked well for us for a while as did the XS fuzzis and the XS fuzzis certainly seemed to bridge that gap between the tiny and small nappies if that makes sense and they weren't bulky either...

Have you got any tots bots bamboo boosters - they were the perfect size for boosting the newborn nappies so they lasted longer than an hour... Not too bulky and just the right size!

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am

Don't worry about it too much. I was desperate to get ds2 into cloth that I had used with ds1 but waitied until he was around 4 months old before I did as it was just easier for me at the time. I did use eco sposies though & not the awful smelly ones :wink:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:47 am

Velvetsteph wrote:You just need different nappies!!!

WSS :wink:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am

Riley is teeny tiny too. Like velvetsteph said a x-small fuzzi is great. I had Riley in them for what seemed like months. and I have found that x-small real easy by hiphip baby awesome for small bots, and small ittis too, oh and small pocketbots.

But I know what you mean about small babies and big bots, its not fun :cry:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Oh thanks for that! I shall try boosting her bimble tomorrow. I dont have any xs fuzzis though but i do have loads of EP hemp boosters.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Soupdragon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm

I'd agree with Steph. I found bamboo Sandy's quite trim fitting on a newborn. :)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 pm

mabo wrote:Oh thanks for that! I shall try boosting her bimble tomorrow. I dont have any xs fuzzis though but i do have loads of EP hemp boosters.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

I found EP hemps were too big to boost newborn nappies with :?

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat