My avatar
greenferret
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Negative comments on Daily Mail site

Postby greenferret » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:20 pm

mozscrafton wrote:
charliesam wrote:what a load of nonsense :x

I have to say i am v economical and enviromentally freindly when it comes to ironing :oops: :oops: :giggle: I can't even remember where it is!

I know exactly where mine is - in the cupboard :hohoho: I usually hope the creases will drop out as I wear them! So I'm certainly not going to start ironing nappies anytime soon!!

:hohoho: We iron as little as possible here, only those things that actually need it!! Great response too Frances :thumbsup:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:31 pm

:roll: now someone is acusing morag of increasing population levels without caring...

I love how off topic a discussion can get :roll:

ETA i posted my thoughts and thought about adding the link to here incase people were interested in learning more...but then i thought that will probably only lead to people registering here to cause trouble :-?

My avatar
ebonina
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ebonina » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:45 pm

This country is full of idiots and that article is like a have your say discussion on the bbc website. The only time I have had negative comments about cloth nappies is by somebody who said she didn't have time for all the washing. Then she would tell us tales of having to change her son's clothes several times a day due to nappy leakage, he could even poo out his nappy, sleepsuit and sleeping bag to mess up his cot sheet and mattress. Not much extra washing because of that then. :roll:

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby nappynutter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:30 pm

megansmummy wrote::roll: now someone is acusing morag of increasing population levels without caring...

I love how off topic a discussion can get :roll:

ETA i posted my thoughts and thought about adding the link to here incase people were interested in learning more...but then i thought that will probably only lead to people registering here to cause trouble :-?

Don't worry, I sorted them out, lol. I'm not in the mood for morons today. :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Well done! :wine:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:35 pm

I love this comment

And I suppose an environment agency report would lead us to believe that we should all be wearing throw-away clothes, as, what with all that dreadful washing and drying, it's has just the same impact - and it's so much easier. Plus, think of all the shopping you could do - buying new clothes every week with no additional environmental impact (presuming we all walk to the shops). And on this basis we should all be using paper plates and plastic cutlery too. Once you wash and dry that glass for the umpteenth time, why you may as well use one you can throw away. It makes perfect sense doesn't it?
One never ceases to be amazed at how stupid people can be. I guess it's 'easier'.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:36 pm

And the nappy they have chosen to represent cloth is wait for it............a Bambino Mio!!! :shock: :shock:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Why do people have to get so defensive and personal?

First we had the breast-is-best mafia and now a breed of reusable nappy hitlers have emerged. Yeah yeah yeah, we all have our opinion but at the end of the day we all have a choice and to be honest I was to busy enjoying my baby to concern myself with issues like this. And I didn't fancy being elbow deep in smelly nappies and wasting time over them.
- Heather, Edinburgh, 4/12/2009 16:05

Is there any need for that really?? we are not a breed or 'reusable nappy hitlers' :shock: And whats worse is that people seem to assume that we would rather be 'ellbow deep' in dirty nappies than spending time with our own children :roll:

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Would have commented earlier but have been up to my eyeballs in washing pooey nappies in the sink..... :hohoho:

Seriously, who believes we hand wash cloth nappies in this day-n-age? Even my parents didn't need to handwash and look at how much cloth has changed since then :shock:

All I can say is I don't know where they got the idea that 'cloth nappy nazis' are ramming the idea down peoples' throats. When I chose to change to cloth it was my own decision as I don't know anyone else who uses them and have never seen anyone else using them in changing rooms when out-n-about.

As for ironing them. I with everyone else. I can't be bothered to iron my own stuff unless its in dire need so why would I want to iron my nappies :shock: :shock: :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat