hf1

Gah! Growth spurt!!!

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Gah! Growth spurt!!!

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Do you really think Grace will be too big for her medium DnFs? Bella has plenty of room to spare in hers, although Grace could be getting to her biggest size, before she starts walking and slims down again. Bella did that, went into large nappies for a while, then went back into mediums as she slimmed down.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:41 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Do you really think Grace will be too big for her medium DnFs? Bella has plenty of room to spare in hers, although Grace could be getting to her biggest size, before she starts walking and slims down again. Bella did that, went into large nappies for a while, then went back into mediums as she slimmed down.

It's the rise to be honest - but having had a brainwave about the fit I'm going to try again tomorrow once they're clean...
Certainly the rise on the woven print one was too low :?
It's not the width though it's the rise that's the trouble... Width wise she has only ever grown out of one nappy before she outgrew the rise... :?

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
tanya2007 wrote:Do you really think Grace will be too big for her medium DnFs? Bella has plenty of room to spare in hers, although Grace could be getting to her biggest size, before she starts walking and slims down again. Bella did that, went into large nappies for a while, then went back into mediums as she slimmed down.

It's the rise to be honest - but having had a brainwave about the fit I'm going to try again tomorrow once they're clean...
Certainly the rise on the woven print one was too low :?
It's not the width though it's the rise that's the trouble... Width wise she has only ever grown out of one nappy before she outgrew the rise... :?

Ah, but could the size be because she's got a big bum atm (not wanting to be rude about your little girl). Bella had a huge bum before she started walking, which slimmed down along with her thighs...

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Our woven Tykie is tiny compared to the OBV one - Lili wears the woven on the first snaps and the OBV on the third, and the rise on the OBV is a good 2 or 3" longer! Ann said the knit should have a similar amount of stretch to the OBV but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a bit less. Whew at sorting the fit!!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:52 pm

tanya2007 wrote:Ah, but could the size be because she's got a big bum atm (not wanting to be rude about your little girl). Bella had a huge bum before she started walking, which slimmed down along with her thighs...

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: I see what you mean...
Big bums run in DH's side of the family though - but I live in hope - certainly don't want to have to attempt selling half my fitteds stash!

Previous

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat