hf1

Tweedlebee & Tweedlebum shoppers

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Tweedlebee & Tweedlebum shoppers

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Do you normally get customs tax when your orders arrive? I'm wanting to order some things from them but OH has given me a strict budget so need to know whether I should leave money for customs tax.

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Tweedlebee & Tweedlebum shoppers

Postby Annette » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:00 pm

I got charged VAT on mine as she wrote "clothes" really there shouldn't be VAT on children's clothes but she didn't write that :roll: Worth reminding her to put children's clothes on the form when you buy.

Although you could still get charged duty so worth allowing for a bit just in case.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:37 pm

I never get charged customs on anything, but I'm in France, seems like they're a bit more prone to that in England! However, I do have good news: I got a note with the soaker I just got from then that I could use the code "holiday" for 15% off my next purchase (possibly time-limited, can't remember!). Not sure I was supposed to spread that around but as I'm not planning on ordering anything, someone might as well benefit. :wink:

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:13 pm

Thanks ladies!!

Will give that code a go when I order - lovely!!

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Can't find the card now but I'm pretty sure that's what it was :oops:!

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:47 pm

I always get charged by customs - for nappies I now get them to write sanitary wear or utility wear on the outside as reduces charges enormously!

They know I exist so they get me all the time - loads comes in from China no probs but US imports are their fave!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:42 am

I've never been charged either but it is always a possibility, my order should be here soon.
I would be careful with using the code if you haven't ordered from Samantha before though, she only gives them out to existing customers as far as I'm aware. xx

My avatar
freckle
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby freckle » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:50 am

She doesn't have the material I want in anymore :(

Will have to have a good look through the ones she does have as I really want one of the sets!

Am thinking maybe the blue stripe one now.

My avatar
rhead
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby rhead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Kirstyh wrote:I've never been charged either but it is always a possibility, my order should be here soon.
I would be careful with using the code if you haven't ordered from Samantha before though, she only gives them out to existing customers as far as I'm aware. xx

Oops, good to know! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Next

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat