hf1

Which nappies and wraps for 6 year old boy???

My avatar
honouryourflow
Clothie
Clothie

Which nappies and wraps for 6 year old boy???

Postby honouryourflow » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Hello my dears,
Please help! Yes I have been using cloth on my boy for nearly 7 years, but although he is skinny, he is really too big for his nappies and they leak all over the bed every night. Do you know of the best nappy and PUL wrap for a large and skinny boy?
At present we use Swaddlebees XL nappies and Litewraps XL PUl wraps. I know wool wraps is the answer there, but he won't wear wool any more. :roll: We've tried the Slinki nappies and they don't fit him because he's too skinny. I'm wondering about trying flat bamboo squares....
Any ideas will be most appreciated!

Tree xx :coffee:

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Which nappies and wraps for 6 year old boy???

Postby eviesmummy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

How about getting in touch with a WAHM and seeing if they can make you a custom nappy and wrap using your sons actual sizes? Im not sure how practical it would be for them, but always worth a try?

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 pm

My skinny 6yr old (can fit into 3-4 around the waist probably, and has no hips) is in nappies at night still. We use Holden's Landing toddler bedbugs (no need to ask for custom sizing, they fit well!), custom sized nappies from The Hollow Oak and Jimmy Riddles, he'll squeeze into Kukae and mimi XLs too. And we have a couple of Zany Zebras, but think they were custom made as well. Tallin will wear wool fortunately (I have two in wool during the day, with no nappies under :mrgreen: ), so I can't help much with the PUL, but I'd get in touch with a couple of WAHMs for custom sizing, as suggested above.

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:26 pm

i have the opposite problem, my 2yr old is a huge chunky monkey. most size 3s/XLs dont fit her but a few wahms will do custom sizes. i think nappied by minki do some as custom sizes. theres a seller on etsy who did me an xl that fits. also have u tried him with fleece wraps? i have an XL UD wrap that fits dawn beautifully. and also theyre really easy to make soakers/flongies. and cheaper than wool :wink: also if u fancy your hand at nappy making the obtobre (think thats correct spelling) pattern in large is LARGE. fits dawn with room to spare :) also, tweedlebee and tweedle bum do a largish sized fitted and pocket. im waiting for mine to arrive atm, so cant coment too much yet :giggle:
hth! xx.

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Vicki » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 pm

Would an easy peasy bumper fit? Absorbent and fleece lined. I can get you any size fleece cover you need pm me.

My avatar
charliesam
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby charliesam » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:53 am

I have just got a large tykie diaper which is huge- it would need boosting overnight but may do- although if he is v skinny maybe to big around the waist sam has the opposite problem :oops:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am

nappywardrobe wrote:Would an easy peasy bumper fit? Absorbent and fleece lined. I can get you any size fleece cover you need pm me.

i forgot about the bumpers!! they're great nappies. i have 5 or 6 of them :giggle: theyre chunky but for nights theyre fine. i boost with an old microf towel :oops:

[ Mobile Post ] Image

Return to Cloth Nappy Chat